[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Menion

This is the exact behavior that works since begin (somewhere in 2012 I think). When I made this small update yesterday, I was more thinking about completely removing of this dialog. Anyway "Yes" should be the base option that you should mostly use (usually GPS is already enabled).

Hmm, if there will be interest from more people to allow some kind of "Disabled GPS" work, I think we should create a better solution and remove these dialogs at all. Something like the global "Keep GPS disabled if is disabled" option ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

This is why: On planning, when at home, I add embedded waypoints to planned tracks... Like "you're halfway through". No GPS needed at home!
I think that dialog is useless at that point. At leastvwhen I add a wpt from screen center. And: Locus has enough capability to turn on GPS when really needed (on recording, navigation...)

EDIT: I notice it comes up with this question probably because of the "My location" default.(screenshot) Hmm, I prefer map center mostly...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Perfectly understand. But if "map center" is preferred, why not change it?  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Oh! Locus and its millions of options 😁 That's the solution for the gps confirmation window, I am not asked any more.

New update from today... clickable currently recorded track - nice, thx!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

I reckon auto refresh would be bad here... maybe you could replace the greyed out export button with a refresh button?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 06, 2021, 11:29:33
@Andrew Heard
You seems to really need "Always hide" option  :)
@Menion - I've tried Button function panel "Partial auto-hide" & "Full auto-hide", but neither are of use when no functions are assigned to the panel. "Always hide" was previously implicit when no buttons were assigned to a panel - easy.

So for now in my "riding" preset I'll reduce # buttons to 4 & move from the Right to the Bottom panel, and sharpen up my finger to a point.

Quote from: Menion on August 06, 2021, 11:29:33
As I wrote here.
You seems to really need "Always hide" option  :)
yup :-\ my misunderstanding

Quote from: tapio on August 06, 2021, 08:45:06
The only person on earth who has not populated both toolbars
😁😁I try to keep minimal smaller panel buttons, and use the bigger main menu buttons instead
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.3.2.2 - has been freezing a few times (5) in "desktop" testing. I've not had this before, or only a long time ago. Maybe ~30s Android displays "Locus Map isn't responding - close | wait", but no option to send a report. Not sure quite how to reproduce yet but I've been doing lots of double taps/ mucking around with Presets/ moving function buttons. double taps on buttons instead of map (by mistake) seems enough. Track recording is off; GPS is orange (inside). I've probably never tried this before. Timing/ deadlock issue?

I then disabled GPS, and no amount of mis-directed double taps caused crash. 5m minutes of double taps & no crash. Unsure how to provoke now ;-(

PS (6 hrs later): just experimenting with track folder styles, and 2 lockups. Not related to any double taps. Also different behavior: a really slow response to Back tap without lockup, then OK again.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

With the current beta, the problems in full screen mode are still there.
But something has changed. The menu no longer disappears. but i still have the empty map content panel. Now it is like that when I switch the menu on briefly, the problem is gone again. When I go back to the track manager, it's back. Popups are not opened either.
Several people have already reported the problem to the helpdesk. One yesterday too. I tell you to turn off full screen mode for now.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Lockup here as well, after start, oam map and theme not loaded.
Mostly no lockup, but quite bad performance on map dragging (edit: not always. Sometimes good performance. hmmm).
  •  

freischneider

4.3.2.2 has stopped several times. No more reaction. User ID. a1d4a233d1
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Is LM maybe doing something http related and struggle there? I noticed heavy performance issue on the helpdesk server, hence the idea.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on August 07, 2021, 22:12:44
Is LM maybe doing something http related and struggle there? I noticed heavy performance issue on the helpdesk server, hence the idea.
always reassuring when I'm not the only one grizzling; @tapio - no HTTP traffic here when lockup (Wifi & mobile disabled); no other foreground apps, nothing unusual/ obvious in terms of user activity at time of lockup; experienced with GPS disabled & enabled; no track recording
  •  

Menion

Just quick info before sleep ... four same crashes during my todays ride. I'm searching for the reason ...

Sorry for trouble!

T-mo

Changed to the new fullscreen, really love that maximum experience 8)
No problems occured so far, system buttons appearing nicely with drop-down of top of screen together with the android-statusbar/notificationbar.

Realised that i- icons are missing with LoPoints (offline): Acco>Guesthouse, FoodDrink> Biergarten, Shopping>Farm..
Honestly, the whole point-experience need some attention, put some eye-symbols with numbers next to each entry, next to groups, etc. Like points or tracks..
Show screen contents > LoPoints(offline)>eye-symbol directly activates 'Points around, not sth reg. content and visibility..very special and irritating. That feature should be available via longpress IMHO.
Well, nothing new at all, don't remember correctly. Maybe needs some try and use in RL-scenarios, unknown environment etc.

L 4.3.2, Android11
  •  

Tapio

Locus full lockup just while it was working well and I dragged the map. Probably an issue with a cause we cannot see as users.

re t-mo...
Lopoints generally deserve fundamental rework (ui, workflow, filtering, category presets etc etc) IMO, but it's all a question of dev time. To me that would rank at #1 of bigger projects.
  •