[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Christian

This is the most unreliable version of Locus I ever experienced: empty bottom panel, tap on track -> empty slide up, themes -> empty and so on. Bringing Locus to background and back to front again it works one (1) time then all is empty again.
Has anyone testet this version before releasing it??? Nice to have such a mess on weekend :(
Enjoy the holiday.
  •  

Menion

@freischneider So with disabled full screen, it works without any problems? If so, @Christian may you please give it a try as well? Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on July 31, 2021, 16:46:13
@freischneider So with disabled full screen, it works without any problems? If so, @Christian may you please give it a try as well? Thanks.

Yes
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

here also
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/25450-crashes-totally-unusable-since-yesterdays-and-todays-update-4-3-1
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Here's a glitch I consider minor.

Cloud sync doesn't always trigger.  I have the newest released version in my phone, older but most recent beta in the tablet.  WiFi-only is set on both, auto-sync is on in both.  I returned from a short trip and had WiFi for the first time in days.  I had the app open in the phone, WiFi was available and there were un-sync'd changes ("5 days ago"), but the sync never happened until I finally triggered it, by editing a point..

On the tablet, I saw a message that disappeared quickly, about "Invalid sync request, too old time", or words to that effect.  So I sync'd manually.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 30, 2021, 12:58:53
This is what cause the troubles with auto-hide before. I have to correctly set the visibility of the bottom panel, so if you make content visible, the bottom panel has to be visible even if is empty. We may experiment with it later, but for now, this should be a safe solution.
@menion is there a workaround to fully hide #safe# but empty bottom panel? total waste of space at present
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

baegas

On Note 8 with Android OS 9
If you set it to full screen in Menu > Control, the map is not visible from the bottom panel menu button and quick map switching.

Attached is a video and bug report for reference.

https://youtu.be/4Wmb4cxMoHk
ㄴYouTube

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_68OIFDIshueaXtLFRZeIM_qIpWOpG8/view?usp=sharing
ㄴBug report
  •  

Christian

Disabled full screen did the trick. Thank you @freischneider.
@menion - when you rewrite some code would you please test all functions as you tested it the first time. Thanx.
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.2.1.4: there is a bug in the recently introduced "active track recording track - get track stats" - see video https://youtu.be/o2Zn0bF0rVM - tap track > stats are only displayed for short period then immediately hides the stats and returns to the map. Video shows this happening twice.

It appears to be that when there is no GPS movement the "track stats" remain displayed, but while moving any subsequent map refresh doesn't realize the "track stats" are visible.
  •  

slarti76

Quoteadd: new full-screen map mode for Android 9+ (map behind system panels)
Perhaps I'm blind, but what is this? I tried 3 devices with Android 10 and 11, don't notice any difference in fullscreen. Perhaps no effect on Samsungs?
Disregard that, the "full-screen" confused me, because the effect is not visible in actual "Fullscreen" mode, where there are no system bars visible anyway. So I just looked at that mode and didn't notice any difference - which is correct. I didn't look at the "normal" screen.
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
thanks. I've made an update on how the sync process starts when the app (re) starts or when the network/wifi connection changes. It should be better in the next version.

@Andrew Heard
and what is the problem with setting partial or full auto-hide option?

Hiding bottom track panel for the recorded track: how I missed this? Thanks, got it!

@baegas
thanks for the very precise video. Two devices I have with Android 9+ do not have this issue. Anyway, I've reverted some changes made to the full-screen system, so in tomorrow's coming Beta version, you may give a try, thanks!

@Christian
I'm sorry. In this rare case, I do not think that issue is directly on my side. Unfortunately, I also had a small mentioned vacation so the fix of this issue had to wait till now. Fortunately, a "disabled full-screen" workaround works.

@slarti76
Forget on the "Full-screen". Just check normal not-full-screen mode. There, on Android 9+, the map should be visible under system panels.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 05, 2021, 22:29:20
and what is the problem with setting partial or full auto-hide option?
@Menion - prior to v4.2.1.4 if there were no functions assigned to a panel, then the panel wasn't displayed. This seemed logical to me & no comments from others. But since 4.2.1.4 a panel is displayed even when empty. So for example, in my screen captures, I only have buttons in the right side panel because I can make these buttons larger as per dev_gui_main_rescale_value, but now the bottom panel is wasted space. To hide this bottom panel I also have to hide the right side panel. Almost worst of both worlds.

I recall a comment from someone a few months ago, not just @0709, saying how they preferred the LM3 buttons. Someone from the Locus team replied that no one else had commented; I should have added my vote/ support at the time. Maybe the LM3 layout wasn't as modern, but I feel (in some regards) more functional.
  •  

Tapio

Seems like Andrew Heard needs an additional option "always hide". Or just behaviour as before. The only person on earth who has not populated both toolbars 😁

Yes I remember the new toolbar was a bit too wide for my taste, but a) no big deal because double tap hiding often and b) Menion insisted (iirc)
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

@Andrew Heard
As I wrote here.

You seems to really need "Always hide" option  :)

Tapio

Menion - You fixed the confirmation dialog? but how can I answer "No, I do not want to enable GPS and please do not ask me again"?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •