- list of news of public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
28. 7. 2021 - Locus 4.3.0
30. 7. 2021 - Locus 4.3.1
31. 7. 2021 - Locus 4.3.2
11. 8. 2021 - Locus 4.3.3
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

I have version 4.2.1.4
Will test the official version today or tomorrow.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

flyingman_ch

Missing online map swisstopo. Only satellite and winter are available.
  •  

flyingman_ch

Swiss offline topo map in the Store is not a new feature!?
  •  

freischneider

The problem is still available with 4.3.0. I will work with Pro now and hope to quickly find the error. I hope I know how that went.
  •  

Axel D

My last recorded track can not be saved, as in a beta version before. What shall I do, to stop the record? Locus crashes, I have send the feedback.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Andrew Heard

Curious my tablet PlayStore shows LM4.3.0 in list & the upgrade is OK. Phone has LM4.2.1.4 but no update is available.

from PlayStore > Locus Map 4 > Open button is displayed > Manage Apps > Back > Open button changed to Update button. All good but weird.

@menion - double tap now correctly toggles side panel visibility - thanks.

I note in 4.3.0 a new blank (wasted space) bottom panel. In my settings I've tried Bottom function panel: full & partial auto-hide, but I can't get rid of this. See comparison in attached screen cap - top = March 2021, bottom = 4.3.0
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

baegas

New version doesn't show recently made GPS log
  •  

Andrew Heard

see attached screen cap - right side function panel icons are correctly scaled according to config.cfg dev_gui_main_rescale_value, in my case 1.2 (default 1.0) whereas bottom panel function icons ignore this scaling setting ;-(
so, another reason why I avoid using the bottom panel, which was hidden in LM4.2.1.4 but is now displayed even when the panel is empty
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

I found out what the mistake triggers.

In the beginning everything is ok, normal behavior. If I then open the data manager and close again, then it starts with empty control panels.
No matter what I do, the mistake is always there. I have found an action to stop the error.
When I zoom the card, so caches and poi are very tight. And then select a selection, then a selection comes to select the correct (see picture).
Now I do not choose anything and close the selection by wiping down.
Now the mistake is gone.
As soon as I open the data manager opens the error again.
  •  

Menion

@flyingman_ch
You are missing hiking swiss topo maps in the list? Please check the "Available maps" option in the top toolbar of map manager. May you have disabled these maps some time ago?
Offline hiking swisstopo maps in the Store were in the app for a few years already. The difference is they were quite pricey. Now, they are for free > nice gesture from the Swiss...

@freischneider
Hmm, I still do not see any problem, no matter what I do on my own device. What device/Android version are you using? May you please also try to toggle
- app settings > Controlling > Display > Full screen
- app settings > Controlling > Display > unlock the screen

Does any of these two settings have any effect?

@ADiet
Issue detected, bug-fix version comes today, sorry for this.

@Andrew Heard
yes, I know. This is what cause the troubles with auto-hide before. I have to correctly set the visibility of the bottom panel, so if you make content visible, the bottom panel has to be visible even if is empty. We may experiment with it later, but for now, this should be a safe solution.

Scaling of panels: I wrote before that this feature is not (and won't be for now) supported in LM4. I've not yet removed this "support" from the side panel, but sorry > it will come. Panels are a little bit bigger then in LM Pro, so this scaling should not be necessary.

@baegas
I'm not sure from your description what exactly is the problem. But it may be similar to what ADiet wrote. So give a try next version, thanks.

baegas

Quote from: Menion on July 30, 2021, 12:58:53
@baegas
I'm not sure from your description what exactly is the problem. But it may be similar to what ADiet wrote. So give a try next version, thanks.

Tracks recorded with gps are not visible
Bug videos and reports are attached for reference.

https://youtu.be/7LQBM0znuOk
ㄴYoutube

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nBp4u7TRVb4Mh-OBdtLPjUBjTPcDZPj_/view?usp=sharing
ㄴBug report

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Ah damn, one tiny issue. Thanks @baegas! I'll have to probably publish one more version today or in the morning (cause I'm then leaving for a few days on a small vacation).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, baegas

Viajero Perdido

Just installed 4.3.1.  The track editor doesn't show the map, at least not on my Android 9 phone.  Full-screen is off.

• Tap a recently-recorded track.
  • Tap the three dots in the corner, Modify track, Cut inner part.
Result: map screen is blank, with just some buttons.  Can't see what you're editing.

I think it can wait until you're back from vacation.  Enjoy.  :)
  •  

freischneider

Hello,
I use Samsung S8 with Android 9. If I turn off the full screen, the problem has disappeared. If I turn full screen, the problem is back.
Unlock The Screen has no effect.
Have a beautiful holiday
  •