No-go

Started by francisco, July 22, 2021, 19:03:09

francisco

There are 3 scenarios I've used "no-go", both using offline Lorouter or Brouter.
In all scenarios the "no-go" had 500 meters range and were active for all routing profiles.

1st. scenario
I plan a route and added some "no-go" areas; then made a recalculate and new route avoids "no-go" areas;

2nd. scenario
edit a saved route and put no-go;  then made a recalculate and new route avoids "no-go" areas;

3r. scenario (really was my first try and is the one more often happens in real life)
I have an old route I do all years, because it haves very beautiful scenarios, and this year one of the portions of the route has a gate with padlock; I putted a permanent "no-go" with 500 meters range, to prevent re-directions to points of track inside that property. Made "recalculate" the route and also go to the nearest point of the route, but nothing happens. Continues routing through the no-go area.

I used both Lorouter offline and Brouter offline, because 80% of the area I use to go off-road has no cell signal, only satellite (gps), so can't use online routers to test.

So I ask for help in the 3rd. scenario above, that is common when doing offroad 4x4.

(edited to clarify/modify text)
  •  

francisco

In the 3rd scenario above (creating a "no-go" while navigating) I discovered that I have to stop the navigation, edit the route and make a recalc. No way to recalc during navigation.
But it recalcls the whole route, and the final route becomes very different from the original one, except start and ending points.
Suggestion:
1- find a way that the "no-go" works with recalc DURING navigation; if we find an impassable obstacle, we put a no-go and app recalcs;
2- but during navigation we don't want at all that the whole route be recalculated; only the needed portion to go to the next point / route, depending on the options we put on the Navigation and/or Orientation definitions
  •  

Menion

Hi francisco,
I was almost sure, that this feature is already implemented (recalc during navigation when no-go changes) and you are of course correct > it is missing. Well, it should work partially in case of "Recalculate with point priority" and no via points along. Anyway, it is a more complex task so I'll rather look at it next month and not a few days before the new version. I'll let you know here ... thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: francisco

francisco

Quote from: Menion on July 27, 2021, 07:35:59
Hi francisco,
I was almost sure, that this feature is already implemented (recalc during navigation when no-go changes) and you are of course correct > it is missing. Well, it should work partially in case of "Recalculate with point priority" and no via points along. Anyway, it is a more complex task so I'll rather look at it next month and not a few days before the new version. I'll let you know here ... thanks
Ok, I'm glad to help improve Locus.
  •