Map overlay doesn't work after upgrade to 3.53.0

Started by RobAbbott, June 16, 2021, 22:45:25

RobAbbott

Hi, big locus maps fan here.
I'm using Locus Maps Pro and today when it started it told me it had upgraded, so I am on version 3.53.0.
But suddenly I can't view a kmz map overlay that I have been using for years.
I could possibly try re-creating this one, but I have dozens of others from over the years so I hope they will all keep working.  (I tried a couple other ones, and they do still work.  So I tried re-downloading this one to my phone but it didn't help).

When I try to import it, it still says "Can't find any importable points or tracks in the file(s)" (which is normal, since there are no tracks or points), and "Do you want to load and display content on the map?" 
I click yes, and don't get an error message, but it doesn't show up.
I click on Active Items to see if visibility is just toggled off, but it says "No items are active"

I would be happy to upload this kmz to this forum but it is 7.7 MB and there is a limit of 2 MB, so here it is:

http://theknack.net/Cedro_Peak_area_trails.kmz

•  

Viajero Perdido

I have something similar with 4.2.0.  Under Active Items -> Calibrated Maps, I tried adding a new image (map screenshot), but it won't display.  Tried displaying older calibrated maps, either via Display All or tapping the eye for an individual map, same result.  It shows a progress box for a fraction of a second, then the eye becomes de-selected again.

I thought I was doing it wrong.  (It's unrelated to "map overlays", right?)
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys, new issue detected. We are working on it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: RobAbbott

RobAbbott

Quote from: Menion on June 17, 2021, 10:09:40
Thanks guys, new issue detected. We are working on it ...

It pushed 3.53.1 to me today, and it's working!

Thanks.
  •  

jhvass

Hi,
I have a similar problem that still exists in 3.53.1

I am using Strava Heatmap as overlay, downloading directly from strava.com with my cookie in the header as adviced in this forum.

I worked very well up until 3.52.1 but in version 3.53.0 and 3.53.1 it suddenly stopped working.
To me strava heatmap overlay is essential for my MTB usage of Locus map

Reported also in ticket #25119

I would appreciate any support in bringing the functionality back. I would be happy to provide more information or assist in testing.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any problem related to map overlays in the latest Locus Map version. If this unofficial feature works for other users, there will probably be any problem in your own setup.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

I don't think the Strava overlay works within Locus any more, even using your own cookie.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

jhvass

Hi,
thanks for your feedback!

No the strava overlay obviously does not work in version 3.53.0 and onwards. I do not think this is an overlay problem at all, it is the same behaviour even if I call the strava URL just as a custom on-line map. It displays in version 3.52.1 but not in 3.53.0 and above. Even today if I downgrade to 3.52.1. I get my strava map working both as an indivudual custom on-line map and as an overlay but in 3.53.0 and above it just "crashes". Is there a way I can capture an error log in order for me or you to understand what happens?

I do not think it is an issue with the custom URL as such. As I said it still works in version 3.52.1 today and also calling it as a CURL call in bash seem to produce a valid response.

Any help to rectify this issue is appreciated!

•  

jhvass

Sorted  :)

After some googling I changed the <zoomMin> paramter from 6 to 8 in the custom map XML and now online map works in 3.53.1, also as overlay!

Happy again, keep up the good work!
  •