[APP] - version 4.2.+ ( 15. 6. 2021 )

Started by Menion, June 15, 2021, 14:48:07

Andrew Heard

4.2.1.1: run LM4 > opened track recording panel totally blank (!) - see attached
exit LM4 > run LM4 > track recording panel "normal" > close panel > record a track > open panel to save track > totally blank again > exit & save track
run LM4 later > same blank panel
:
run LM4 later > can no longer reproduce this blank panel (!)

I have never seen this issue before or since, and have no explanation. Everything else is "normal" and nothing else has changed since I installed 4.2.1.1.

PS - another track recording later in the day - same sorts of issues. I paused the recording at one point. When I attempted to resume, the panel was again blank. Workaround was to exit LM4/ restart.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on July 04, 2021, 21:45:17
@fresichneider
uff, I'm really glad you solved this, because this was close to being a one of the unsolvable problems  :)

"This is not possible" > what is not possible?

@WujTom
firstly, thanks for participation on TTS files update, appreciate it!
My quick check: were you using the latest EN TTS file? If so, then definitely update the version to the latest "8" in the head of the file!
Working with the current version does not work. The menu is always missing. Map Content Panel is empty. In the route planner the field was completely empty when saving.
I'm going on vacation tomorrow and need the version before that.
In general, it would be good if a version was made available before the current beta. In the event that the beta causes problems.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

fraben

@fraben
Hi, I'm checking speed of IGN servers and in my case, app downloaded 500MB/hour, so it should be 4 hours in your case. Not sure where was problem. Slow internet connection? Temporary slowdown on the IGN server? Hard to say, sorry. Btw. did you tried any vector maps like LoMaps, OpenAndroMaps and or any other? It may save you a lot of space and time ...

Thank you for your reply !
As I told you, the loading time of the same maps with another app that Locusmaps took me a usual time, close to the one you mentioned.
I need the IGN maps because many paths are not shown on the other maps.
  •  

slarti76

@slarti76
I wrote that I do not have what to do? ;D
[/quote]Yeah, forgot the smiley ;)

But another thing, concerning sync:
I was on tour this weekend, away from mobile networks and certainly WiFi. I have my Sync set to "WiFi only", still I noticed that Locus was trying to sync (animated circle, notification about sync that didn't run). Even when I had WiFi turned off!
Maybe has to do with Airplane Mode? I'm turning that on and off again regularly (sometimes I do get mobile connection), so perhaps after turning it off again Locus might get confused? Because in "normal" life (when I don't have WiFi all the time), I can't remember that happening...
  •  

Axel D

In 4.2.1.1 beta I have the problem, that in one of my track folders my older tracks are not shown on the screen, when turn on. In another folder it is possible.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
issue with white bottom navigation bar will be solved in next version, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
without simulating on my own device ... you know :-\

@freischneider
hmm, sorry to read this. Does it happen on your S8 device? What Android version?
The previous version is a regular public version that is now uploaded on the Google Drive disk.

@slart76
Probably the app tried to perform a sync, but because of missing wi-fi, the sync task was stopped. It is expected behavior right? So confusion is from the fact, that app even tried to do a sync?

@ADiet
anything special about these tracks that may find out why this happens? What happens when you tap on any of these tracks?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

S8  Android 9
I already reported on July 3rd. Probably overlooked them.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on July 05, 2021, 13:47:57
@slart76
Probably the app tried to perform a sync, but because of missing wi-fi, the sync task was stopped. It is expected behavior right? So confusion is from the fact, that app even tried to do a sync?
Yes. I mean, I don't care about that rotating circle, but getting a "sync not finished" in the notification center that I have to click away, even though I wanted it that way, is quite annoying.
  •  

WujTom

@WujTom
firstly, thanks for participation on TTS files update, appreciate it!
My quick check: were you using the latest EN TTS file? If so, then definitely update the version to the latest "8" in the head of the file!

I made the translation from the English version 8 file.
Today I tested without a positive effect.
Unable to delete en_sample_v4.tts file. When the application starts, it restores it.
The messages are still not correct and not from the pl.tts file
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
ah right, sorry.
This is a stupid problem of current testing of Beta versions where only a single Locus Map 4 may be installed on the device, hmm :/.

What to do with it? I've already tested maybe 8 devices and emulators and nothing like this happens to me, weird. Maybe send me backup of your settings (created over backup manager) if you find a minute during a vacation (if you still have this problem). But you probably re-installed the app with the latest public version right?

@slarti76
good point. I'll try to improve it in the next version, thanks.

@WujTom
and version in your file is correctly set to latest version 8? Check screenshot please!

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 05, 2021, 13:47:57
without simulating on my own device ... you know :-\
@Menion, yeah I know :-[ All I can say so far is that nothing else changed except new version, and sometimes blank track recording panel. An "office desk simulation" isn't sufficient to test. I may risk reverting to MapGooglePlay_4.1.1.3_1019_beta.apk to compare.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, also with LM4 4.2.1, the nightmare of tracks not properly concluding continues.
First "save" will save into the tracks.db and does export to SD - properly.
But then the track is not stopped, but continues recording. After Android kill Locus (swipe up), restart, then 2 or 3 exit&stop, Locus finally goes into non-recording state. Leaving two additional copies in the database, plus a copy from another export.
I know you cannot reproduce, and for me this error hits randomly, maybe 50% of track recordings.
Can you pls. tell me what the exact condition is after Locus (re-)start (even Android reboot)  so that Locus "thinks" it is still recording?
It must be SOMEWHERE in persistent memory (db or file), as even a reboot does not help (I tried this weeks ago).
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

freischneider

only the beta version is available on G-Drive. I only have the official version on the Play Store. But then I have to uninstall and reinstall.
Will try to send the settings.

Edit: Settings sent via email
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 05, 2021, 05:08:22
4.2.1.1: run LM4 > opened track recording panel totally blank
@menion - further testing: all foreground apps killed, phone not restarted during testing, single 6km walk with new track started each ~500m, exit/ restart LM4 if track recording panel is blank. Nothing is 100% repeatable, just more/ less likelihood of blank panel occurring. Track recording is auto-started.

• new observation/ not previously reported: when the track recording panel is blank, the map content panel is 100% also blank
  • if track recording panel is not tapped immediately after start of recording there is more likelihood of blank panel occurring after further 500m
  • so reverse, if track recording panel is tapped immediately after start of recording there is far less likelihood of blank panel occurring after further 500m
  • generally when the recording is saved then viewed in the list, the track is duplicated
  • the most recent track(s) remain visible (Eye icon) while for the older tracks something is turned off visibility
  • the #visible tracks in the folder is displayed as 0 even though some are visible (screen cap)
  • database corruption?
  • One time the panel was OK, then 30s later on next tap blank. But another time all OK for 5 minutes.
I can upload the database but it is very large 300MB.

WujTom

Quote from: Menion on July 05, 2021, 22:37:22
@WujTom
and version in your file is correctly set to latest version 8? Check screenshot please!

As I wrote, there is version 8.
Same as reported via github.
  •