Author Topic: Locus Map Gold is too dark  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Menion

• Locus team
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: Pixel 5, A12
Re: Locus Map Gold is too dark
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2021, 10:02:39 »
In case, the app is in the light mode, it uses exactly identical theme like Locus Map Pro. The only change is a modification of few colors, but nothing more. So you may try to switch the app into a light theme if it has any effect.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Galaxy S10e/A11
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2021, 17:00:49 »
Good idea ... I'll check it when sun is coming back (could last a little bit this summer 🙄)

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Galaxy S10e/A11
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2021, 17:17:01 »
Since the sun was shining today and my vacation is starting, I found some time to test the whole thing in the sunlight.
Unfortunately, the switch to "light" did not help.
Locus Map 4 simply darkens after a while.
Then I had the idea to install an "autobright" app to at least see the brightness values.
After my familiarization and setting up the app, I saw that you can use it to completely regulate the brightness. my hope was that with this app I could bring the brightness to 100% even in sunlight. Unfortunately, even after this app completely took over control of the brightness, lm4 darkened again after a short time. although the brightness is displayed at 100%.

Offline Wole

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung S 8, Samsung S 21 ultra, Locus Pro und Locus 4, immer die aktuelle Version
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2021, 17:55:58 »
Thank you for your efforts, Jonny.blue. I had already done exactly these tests. I had installed "Light Control" as the app.
Again, this app is unable to force LM 4 to stay light. But it works with other apps.
In one of my previous posts I said that I wanted to test my daughter-in-law's S 20. Here too, LM 4 darkens.

I am annoyed that some USERS say it is only due to my devices. I claim that if everyone were to test under the same conditions, the problem generally exists with LM 4, otherwise it would be absolutely unlikely that only I would have the problem with the S 6, S 8, S 10, S 20 and S 21 and the Xcover pro even twice (because I replaced the device).

However, I accept that Menion cannot understand the error in the app.

I am now sticking to LM 3 and, as I have already said, I will wait and see if there is anything new on this topic.

The following users thanked this post: Menion

Offline Holger

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2021, 15:08:07 »
So that the problem will not forget. Compared twice Note9 with identical setting. Cloned by Backup.
Left LMPro - Right LM4. If possible also identically set. There is a clear gray fog on the LM4.
The device with LM4 is also clearly warmer and the battery faster empty than that with LMP.

Offline Wole

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung S 8, Samsung S 21 ultra, Locus Pro und Locus 4, immer die aktuelle Version
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2021, 15:00:32 »
I am currently playing Android 12 on my Samsung S 21 Ultra 5G.

Hopefully it is now possible to use Locus map 4 on the device.

However, due to the position of the sun, real statements will probably only be possible next summer.