Locus Map Gold is too dark

Started by Wole, June 12, 2021, 16:08:19

Wole

Hello Menion,
are you still trying to solve the problem or can it be assumed that the app will not work permanently on Samsung devices?
  •  

Menion

Hi Wole,
I would like to, but sorry, I see no option even if I see (a very little dim) a problem on my SGS7. I've tried my colleague's S10 device and no problem at all. It is currently an unsolvable problem to me.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Wole

Thanks for the answer. I don't believe that other Samsung Users don't have these problems, but I have to accept your decision.
  •  

freischneider

Wole, you have several devices. Maybe you can parcel Menion one with the problem.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Wole

Quote from: freischneider on August 25, 2021, 16:53:41
Wole, you have several devices. Maybe you can parcel Menion one with the problem.
Menion knows the problem and own a samsung device with this problem (look to his article from 23.07.). But it seems that he doesn't want to put any more work into problem solving because he doesn't know what to do next. There is no other way to explain his behavior and his response.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Wole on August 25, 2021, 17:18:03
Quote from: freischneider on August 25, 2021, 16:53:41
Menion knows the problem and own a samsung device with this problem (look to his article from 23.07.). But it seems that he doesn't want to put any more work into problem solving because he doesn't know what to do next. There is no other way to explain his behavior and his response.
that is an incompetent assumption. He's already searched all the code and hasn't found anything. and it's very weak on his device. And it doesn't appear on the colleague's S10. Maybe it's a Samsung problem too.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Wole

•  

Tapio

Well the OS is complex, unfortunate problems, where sometimes you find a solution just because you hear of another dev who struggled with the same and luckily found an answer... or his users... it happens. Unfortunate, but this is reality. And please compare with the big company realities. Google. They never answer, they have no changelogs mostly, I wouldn't ever waste time on reporting them anything. Apple. They give you tools which aren't open to do what you need. You have to need what they offer... and look no further.
Let's keep our eyes and ears open, there is no doubt Asamm does the same.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

•  

arnor

As a Samsung user, I wondered if (also with all answers) this still only concerns the Gold version.  I am a Silver user myself and I have the feeling that I have no problems there.  is that important to know?
  •  

jonny.blue

Although I have a silver abo (and was one of the early live users of LM4) since 4 weeks I completely switched back to LM pro.
And in this time I did several trips ... and enjoyed a bright display.

I'm really confused about this recent discussion because I really want to switch back to the active developed LM4 ... but only with this problem solved.
  •  

Wole

I am just as confused. That's why I made a conscious decision to express myself a little more clearly.

Again: The problem is guaranteed not to be a single problem, but affects all Samsung users, assuming the same conditions. Why do I have the problem on all of the devices mentioned, with the Xcover Pro even on the replacement device. Why does LM 3 work great, but LM 4 doesn't. So, according to the logic, something can only have been changed in the code of LM 4 that does not work with the operating system.

But it annoyed me, and therefore my contribution, that after many contributions Menion himself found the error on his device, but now points out the allegedly non-existent problem with his colleague and apparently no longer investigates the problem.

This is not how I imagine support, especially after it has to be paid annually. An app basically has to run on all devices, especially since Samsung is not an exotic device.

Following the suggestion from freischneider, it might make sense for someone who claims to be able to work with him to send us the device so that we can really test the device under the same conditions. So I'm curious about the result.

In conclusion: I know that troubleshooting is a huge problem and expressly state that the app, at least up to LM 3, is the best navigation software I have used so far. So it's really not about nagging, I don't want to sell my Samsung just to use the new app.
  •  

Menion

There seems to be some misunderstanding or I'm too stupid to understand this cyclic communication.

So again (summary)
- I'm aware that there is a problem with brightness on some (not confirmed on all!) Samsung devices
- I also think that on 90% it is caused by my code in the app
- I have device for test with this problem
- I've spent 10+ hours by searching and testing ... no effect
- I've spent a lot of time comparing Locus Map Pro and Locus Map 4 code that differ and that may have effect ... no discovery
- You may send me any devices you want, you may pay me a million, but I currently DO NOT SEE ANY OTHER OPTION TO TEST, I'm currently out of ideas!
- I'm not stupid enough to let satisfied paying users leave because of any issue in the app, but again, I simply DO NOT SEE ANYTHING TO DO NOW!

Sorry.

Wole

Thank you for this Statement, Menion.

So I can only hope that LM 3 can be User the nett years.
  •  

arnor

Menion's statement is clear to me.  Still, I do see a possible solution unless I'm a moron.

I have a feeling that something is wrong with the cide abortus brightness settings in the software that affects the user settings as set on the smartphone. The solution seems simple to me. Remove all settings from the software regarding brightness (such as whether or not to use dark mode).  Even remove the reference to the device settings. 

The software will then use the user settings on the smartphone. If it still does not work, then I think there is a problem with the smartphone. Is this too simple thought?
  •