B&W Android tablet

Started by Neoaliphant, June 10, 2021, 18:24:50

Neoaliphant

•  

ThomasD.

Nope - not for me. I want colours for better visibility and identify. High contrast themes work fantastic in sun.
Regards,
Tom
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I only glanced at the video, but I assume that's a standard e-ink display in an eReader body, right?

While those displays are fantastic in sunlight, their huge problem for general-purpose use is the mad flickering whenever updating the display.  This is why eReader firmware flips complete pages instead of scrolling: it produces only a single flicker (or an accumulating ghost) to change the complete display, instead of a flicker every few pixels if scrolling.

Android by design assumes scrolling and panning are smooth and painless, and when they are, it's great.  My Kobo eReader has an "experimental" web browser, which of course also requires scrolling.  It's downright painful to use.

Maybe they've solved that problem.  If they have, that's great.
  •  

Neoaliphant

Thats interesting,   hope a new technologfy gets invented at some point....
  •  

Andrew Heard

I think the current chemistry/ physics with eInk pixels makes them quite slow to refresh/ change, so if you have 800x1200, 1 million of them, it will be very annoying to scroll/ pan ;-( But one day...
LM4.23.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

etbandung

thats just great for brightness at outdoor purpose while the normal screen would absorb so much power from batteries, well i didnt know if it would be support on every website settings
  •