Configurable position for point "actual position"

Started by frige, June 23, 2011, 11:33:31

stebu

After using this feature for a while, I think that the configuration can be improved.
There is little sense in having the center shifted WITHOUT rotating map, at least while you are heading South.
So I would propose that when "center shift" is enabled (Quick switch menu) the center shifts ONLY when rotating display is enabled.

Then it would require only one click when I leave the car or bike (with rotating map) and go searching for geocaches in the bush (where rotating map makes me even more confused :). And one click to enable rotating map when back to riding.

Thanks in advance :)
  •  

Menion

hmm, maybe why not ... what others on this possibility. For me this seems fine, but is anyone using (or see any possibility to use) shift map center without rotation?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

Makes more sense to have it only when rotating, that's when you want to see "more ahead",

-peter
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: "menion"For me this seems fine, but is anyone using (or see any possibility to use) shift map center without rotation?

I agree, this would be useful. I can't see a reason to use shift map center without map rotation.

If realized, I would use this feature in exactly the same usecase as stebu  ;)

Best regards,
 mambofive.
  •  

Menion

fine, so it's in current market version, hope all will be satisfied :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

Thanks a lot Menion!
You have just saved my thumb N*4 clicks!
  •