Configurable position for point "actual position"

Started by frige, June 23, 2011, 11:33:31

frige

Propose to let user configure the point where the actual position is shown.
For biking, trecking it would be useful to program the actual point to e.g. 25% of screen hight (y-axis) -
then you see more in the distance you are moving and less where you come from. Think this is only useful
in map turning mode (which i prefere in hiking).
Could be a settings configuration allowing a percentage input (50% as preset like today) which i could set
according my usecase. For non turing maps (fixed north orientation) this would be more difficult: you could
use the direction information and change the actual point according;  but i doubt if this is very useful as then
when you change direction the map would move...  So my proposal is to just go for the turning map situation.
best regards
Frige
  •  

berkley

Nice idea! ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

so this feature is enabled in Pro version. I say enabled but only partially. You can now move center to 75% of screen. Should this be enough or some more precise settings is really needed? By me, this should be enough
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

frige

:-)
Thanks !
Did a testdrive today - very nice. Agree: no more finetuning needed !
Thanks again for implementing :-)
frige
  •  

stebu

May I ask for a bit of tuning:
When rotating map is not in use, the map center should be in the center of the display.
Only with rotating map the center should be shifted.
Thanks!
  •  

Menion

this is what you all want? to enable this "shift center" only when screen is rotating?
  •  

durian

No, it doesn't have to shift for me, although I can understand a button to quickly turn it on or off can be useful.

About configuration, maybe a user could set the percentage X and Y, so 50% for both would be in the middle again, and X=50% and Y=25% is the bottom quarter? :)

-peter
  •  

Menion

quick enabling is actually thanks to quick panel. And percentage - I asked on opinion on this in third post. Do you durian mean, that this is useful for something? Can you imagine to use some shift in X axis? Or some shift of center to top? Me not :)
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"quick enabling is actually thanks to quick panel. And percentage - I asked on opinion on this in third post. Do you durian mean, that this is useful for something? Can you imagine to use some shift in X axis? Or some shift of center to top? Me not :)
I was fantasizing a little, but it has happened that I thought it could be nice to switch the centre to the left or right was well. So that the map shows more of the land if you are driving parallel to the sea for example. :)

But to be honest, to have it at the bottom-quarter is very good and useful 99%! The rest is just the little extra 1%.

A category for "boat" in the track type would be more useful ;-)

-peter
  •  

Menion

OK, so if you don't worry on me, I'll rather keep just on/off button for this "center shift" rather then confuse many users. About boat - no problem, I just need to create icon :)
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"OK, so if you don't worry on me, I'll rather keep just on/off button for this "center shift" rather then confuse many users. About boat - no problem, I just need to create icon :)
Ok, no worries :)

-peter
  •  

Menion

durian: fine, boat added ...

to all: try shift center function. If you'll feel that this needs to be enabled only during rotation, I can probably add another settings into Locus preferences like "enable only during map rotation", anyway I personally feel this as un-needed
  •  

berkley

Perhaps some "Quick switch" on right panel?

But it is working fine the way it is!!!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

as you noticed, no quick switch are on right panel. Anyway all things that need some quick switch are under "Quick switch" tool that can be added on right panel ;)
  •  

berkley

Complicated to discover, but once it is found, a very good feature :D
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •