Geocaching Features

Started by Menion, June 23, 2011, 06:45:58

wvb

That was fast :)
Thanks for beïng so responsive, it's really a pleasure to use a program with such an active dev!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

johny265

Hi Menion - do I understand correctly that you can download pocket query directly from Locus and import it? Where? I didn't find it. I have Locus Pro 1.14.0. Thanks!
  •  

Menion

this is function in prepare ... but I have some possitive feedbacks from groundspeak so maybe it will be very soon :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

Hi Menion,

I just read about the progress in this field and I am very much looking forward for it. Direct upload of the fieldnotes to gc.com and the download of pocket querries will be extremely useful und quite cute :)

Regards
  •  

Menion

:) ... this is already working. Currently I'm still waiting for some confirmation from gc.com guys .. ugh .. they're fast. I'm currently waiting around a month, have to write them ...
  •  

Yahp

... yes thei're very fast indeed. They add some stuff to their system now and then but there's no real improvement on the existing features. Look at the limits in pocket queries, why the 500 limit on emails? I've seen 500 item querries producing larger files than 1000 item querries. And even if they're not who cares about one or two megabyte :) And the time it took them to come up with a smartphone app (not to mention the high pricetag compared to everything else out there). So I'll stick with Locus Pro, that's for sure :) With the OSM vector maps I like it even more than my old garmin.

The direct download to Locus will be very cool. I am also looking forward on your solution and how to automate the new pocket querries to existing poi categories ;)
  •  

vtgeopirates

When I import new GPX files, all of the logs get replaced with the new logs.
Could you make the logs  append instead of replace? Perhaps add a setting for max number of logs?
  •  

Menion

hmm keeping logs, I already forgot on this ... now sure if I'll remember tomorrow :))

anyway, good news everyone (futurama?) ... I currently received email from groundspeak

I am pleased to certify your final version for release
nice ... finally after cca three months!
  •  

vtgeopirates

Is there a way to post your notes to geocaching.com fieldnotes import routine from within Locus?
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "menion"I am pleased to certify your final version for release

this is great news!
If you add features to GC.com live in the future, and do they also have to be approved by GC.com?

Sent from my SGSII using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

yes, every change have to be confirmed, but I think it will take much less time ... anyway I'm not sure if I'll add too much new stuff, almost everything needed is already there I think ;)
  •  

Yahp

:)

Looking forward to the next update.
  •  

dibrial

I really like the upload fieldnote option in the latest market version. Only thing is that the upload question also shows up when in airplane mode and WiFi disabled.
This makes clicking 'Store offline' a bit annoying, because its the only possible option.
Is it possible to store the fieldnotes offline automatically when no dataconnection is available?
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting idea, take it as done ;)
  •  

vtgeopirates

Is it possible to show addition waypoints (on the map) of a POI? Such as Parking waypoints of geocaches?
  •