Map Web - shows import date and not date when recorded

Started by Hoerbie, May 13, 2021, 11:03:55

Hoerbie

The date shown in the Planner App under "Meine Bibliothek" displays the import date rather than the date when the track was recorded. Can I change that somewhere? Kind regards., Michael
  •  

Menion

Hi,
as I know, time should match to "Time created" in the application. It is not your case?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Hoerbie

Dear Menion,
no, currently it shows the date when the track has been synced. Pls see screen shot in the original post.

Kind regards, Michael
  •  

Menion

Hello Michael,
unfortunately, we do not see any problem. May you please post also a screenshot from the app? Or describe any steps how we may simulate this issue. You wrote about "import". If the source of the track was any GPX file, may you share it with us? Thanks.
  •  

Hoerbie

Dear Menion,
over the years I was backing up all my gpx tracks to Dropbox.
Now that there is a central repository with Map Web, I decided to place all tracks there.
Since there is no way to copy/import the files from my PC into Web Map, I imported them into the Android App and synced it from there. The tracks in the android app are shown with date when they were recorded.
The same tracks are shown in the Map Web portal with the date I imported them from my dropbox cloud storage into the android app (Track and Route Manager -> Favorites -> Data -> press Plus button -> import tracks from external source).
I hope this helps.
KR., Michael
  •  

Menion

Hello Michael,
not much to be true. May you share one GPX file that displays incorrectly with me? Because without proper simulation of this issue on my own device, I'm unable to find out where is the problem. Thanks.
  •  

Hoerbie

Hi Menion,
sure, here you are.
The screenshot shows how it displays in the Map Web
The gpx file has been recorded 7 years ago.
Kind regards, Michael
  •  

Menion

Hello,
this file does not contain any date at all. It is export from the web browser? If so, may you share your original file?
  •  

Hoerbie

Dear Menion,
I downloaded all gpx-files from dropbox to my PC and eliminated double entries.
I also found that the file, which I forwarded to you seems to be corrupt (i.e. has not the date, where it was recorded).

What about the following idea.
I will delete all gpx-files in Locus on Android.
I will transfer the cleaned versions of the gpx-files and sync them with Map Web. This should work, what do you think?
BTW, what is the best way to get the cleaned gpx-files to Locus Android from where it will be synced to Web Map?
I could not find a way to import them into Web Map?!

Kind regards, Michael
  •  

Menion

Hello Michael,
I'm not 100% sure what you plan to do, anyway, do you have any GPX files that have correctly defined date/time when the track was recorded and that display incorrect date value after import and sync? If so, please share this GPX file with me.

The file you shared before was most probably created by Route planner and not directly recorded by the app, because "time" values are written into GPX since day 1.
  •  

Hoerbie

Dear Menion,
you are right - the track I sent to you was not the recorded, but a downloaded one.
So, no problem with this one and all the others which are shown with the copy date.
All the recorded tracks show the date when they were recorded.

All the best to you and the colleagues of Locus.
Michael (a long term fan and Gold User)
  •