[APP] - version 4.1.+ ( 4. 5. 2021 )

Started by Menion, May 04, 2021, 11:53:33

baegas

Quote from: Menion on June 06, 2021, 11:25:09

@baegas
really interesting. Once you choose a map, try to tap on "Choose Theme" and select any of the internal map themes (button on the screenshot) please. Does it help?

I deleted the Locus Map v 4.1.1.2 beta app and reinstalled it.
Online maps that couldn't be overlaid are now overlaid.
But still the vector map is not overlaid
But in the v4.1.1 full version, the overlay works fine.

However, the vector map that was made in the same format and used in the past works well in the v4.1.1.2 beta app.
For reference, I will link the two vector maps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MH7PHU2lJUqfELAhd5hCB70xrY1XcWVP/view?usp=sharing
ㄴ Overlapping vector maps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d4uOy-BYdB3txKrjJT4kyXan9XrraLDu/view?usp=sharing
ㄴ non-overlapping vector maps

This vector map is important
The Locus Forum in Korea, to which I belong, has about 20,000 members who use the Locus Map. This vector map was made in this forum, so members use the vector map to climb the mountain, so this vector map is important.
There is no problem with the v4.1.1 official version now, and members do not say anything, but if the beta version comes out like this, many members will probably not be able to see the map.
  •  

Menion

@baegas, thanks for the shared maps. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to simulate it. That's how it looks on my device. You use the same parameters on the second screenshot, but still don't see an overlaid map.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

baegas

Quote from: Menion on June 08, 2021, 14:49:59
@baegas, thanks for the shared maps. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to simulate it. That's how it looks on my device. You use the same parameters on the second screenshot, but still don't see an overlaid map.

Thanks for the reply

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MH7PHU2lJUqfELAhd5hCB70xrY1XcWVP/view?usp=sharing

By any chance, among the two links I posted, the link vector map above is not visible in the beta version?

The attached screenshot is nested in the v4.1.1 full version.

I used the same parameters, but it is strange that the v4.1.1 full version is visible and the v4.1.1.2 beta version is not.
It would be nice to find the cause... Thank you for your efforts.
  •  

Menion

New Beta version 4.1.1.3 just uploaded to GD.

Among many internal fixes and few performance improvements, there is a huge update in the handling of WMTS maps, added support for WMTS maps over our "Web services library" and more ... have a nice weekend. This version, when no serious problems found, will be published at the start of next week to Google Play.

@baegas
I'll look at it little more at start of the next week ... weird indeed

Tapio

OSM Template in bookmarks: zoom not working. Correct template should have # before the zoom part. This works:

Quotehttps://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat={mapLat}&lon={mapLon}#map={mapZoom}/{mapLat}/{mapLon}

Now the icons to toggle between track/trackpoint view are at the same place (bottom left) - that's better and more intuitive! thx! Maybe only one split icon would be better, to indicate that this is a toggle. E. g. the trackpoint icon looks like "create a new point".
Also, what do you think about the concept (some apps do it) if you longtap a button, app shows a short info on what the button does.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Viajero Perdido

Finally figured out a recipe for a strange little behavior (in the latest .3 beta).

If you tap a geocache icon - while the lower part of the screen shows info for this or another geocache - the lower part of the screen will show info for the cache tapped, but without logs or difficulty/terrain, maybe other stuff.  Very repeatable.

You need to swipe away the cache info panel completely before tapping a cache, if you want full info.
  •  

freischneider

BT signal activates main menu.
I do the following.
  With a BT signal I activate AutoVoice in Tasker. Then I speak for example. S1. AutoVoice recognizes S1 and Tasker then says Locus. Write a waypoint named: Path S1 Ground. I have many soche commands for the OSM care.
For some time, however, the main menu has always been opened, that was not the case earlier.
I think it is caused by the BT signal. Because I have the same function for hiking but AutoVoice will be active through the BIXBY button. And there is not the problem.
The problem does not always occur. You can see it in the video. In the video does not appear the blue language recognition. But that's the Sreen Recorder.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VqUFjMPzn7pMTcWJAg9FkrOOR87qT5Ok/view?usp=sharing
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Another odd behavior noticed recently, including in the recent .3 beta which both my devices are using.  The counts of visible points seem to be off.

Scenario 1:  I noticed about 5 points on the map showing the icon for my "Obsolete" folder.  These are points I'd moved to this folder on my other device, which then sync'd automatically.  I've got it set to always show points received by sync, on both devices.  So far, normal.

I went to the points database list.  It said, 1 of xxx showing for this folder.  No, I saw about 5 on the map.  I tapped the icon to hide them all.  Back at the map, all five were now invisible as expected.

Scenario 2:  I regularly import geocaches on my phone, then let them sync to the tablet.  Today, I imported 8 PQs totalling ~6500 caches, option to delete existing folder checked, and there are no overlaps between the PQs.  On the receiving device (tablet), it's routinely been showing a slightly smaller number of points actually visible, eg 6530 / 6550.  I scroll through the (long!) list, and it seems every last one is indicated as invisible (eye with cross-out, white background).  In reality, on the map they all seem to be shown, as expected.

On the sending device, the folder shows as fully displayed, 6550 / 6550, the entries all show with the eye, not struck out, reddish background.  This is as expected.

In the attached picture, today's PQs on the receiving device are shown with the correct number received (5352) but indicating all are visible less 5.  Yet all caches on the right are indicated as invisible.  On the map, many (or all) are visible.

Why this matters to me:  I like to check that everything is visible that should be.  It tells me that some data is not visible, so more taps are needed.

Also, I've noticed a different folder often indicates that very few points are visible, and I don't remember doing this manually.  This is the folder I manually move points from, if that helps.  I have no further info on this, sorry.

Also, although I have separate menu buttons for Points Manager and Tracks & Routes Manager, tapping the latter sometimes brings up the former.  And maybe also vice versa, can't remember.

I've noticed these things for a little while, since before the .3 beta.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
- URL template to OSM: ah thanks, fixed
- icons in the track screen: "one split icon" - currently no idea how it should look like  ???
- long tap on the button to show info should be great. I was thinking about it a long time ago because it is a very useful accessibility feature, unfortunately, it brings a huge amount of texts to translate ... still not sure it worth it

@Viajero Perdido
Ah thanks, now I see it too (issue with missing cache info). How should I miss it? Hmm, anyway found & fixed  ;)

Incorrect counts for visible items > not so easy to do, but I'll try to refresh counts after sync more aggressively and we will see. But best should be of course exact steps to simulate it = problematic, I know  :-\

Incorrect display of points/tracks tab > thanks, got it

@fresichneider
hmm, interesting. The problem in your theory is, that Locus Map can't simply listen to some Bluetooth commands when there is no Bluetooth connection directly in the app (to some sensors). You wrote it was not the case earlier > I think there should be some change on your side, some new task in the Tasker that simply open the menu?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on June 14, 2021, 09:43:19
@fresichneider
hmm, interesting. The problem in your theory is, that Locus Map can't simply listen to some Bluetooth commands when there is no Bluetooth connection directly in the app (to some sensors). You wrote it was not the case earlier > I think there should be some change on your side, some new task in the Tasker that simply open the menu?
I haven't changed anything in Tasker since then. Another possibility is for it to be triggered by speech recognition. That's an element from Google. On the video you can see that the menu only opens when the speech recognition is opened.
I think it's since LM4. In any case, it wasn't in LMPro yet. The process is so that BT Autovoice is activated and Autovoice uses the element from Google. See image.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Steps to reproduce the visible-data-points issue:

• Phone + tablet both running 4.1.1.3 beta.  Cloud sync options on both devices are: first three items on (including "show new points"), fourth item off.

• Each device contains a folder of geocaches, same name, previously sync'd, all points manually displayed via taps on folder icon.

• On phone, under Geocaching Tools, Load PQs, select multiple PQs and tap Import.  (No caches appearing in more than one PQ, no overlap.)  Select that folder, and check the first and third checkboxes (delete, show).

• Wait for import to finish, then for sync to finish, then for sync to finish on other device (tablet).

• Result: oddity on tablet, as shown above.
Hope this helps. :)  Thanks, also thanks for the quick fix to the other stuff.

PS, please ignore my first "Also" paragraph.  There's too little info for a proper bug report, and it's likely just part of the main issue.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

So, the new version just published. Let's continue in discussion in a new topic here.

Anyway, what's unsolved:

@fresichneider - issue with speech actions triggered by tasker > I have no idea for now, sorry
@baegas - you're still the only one who reported the problem with overlays. Give a try to the new public version and let me know if the problem remains, thanks!