New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
4. 5. 2021 - Locus 4.1.0
6. 5. 2021 - Locus 4.1.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

Hi,
download link only offers version 4.0.2.7 from 29.04  ....

Just saw the version at Google Play ... ;)
  •  

Tapio

No crashes yet (on goto trackpoint view, on tapping embedded wp), very good.

We can now hide everything we want, good stuff. Also I noticed different and good "click track" behaviour when in trackpoint view.

Bug? When auto hiding everything but the zoom buttons: if I use a zoom button, the big center button appears.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Frivold

Quote from: jonny.blue on May 04, 2021, 13:07:20
Hi,
download link only offers version 4.0.2.7 from 29.04  ....

Just saw the version at Google Play ... ;)

I don't find the new version. I is because I am a beta-tester? Can't I then install the newest public version?
  •  

Tapio

UI inconsistency: when loading a preset with everything set to auto hide, everything is initially shown (ok), but the top bar is initially hidden (should be in the same state as the others). After one double tap everything is in order because then it shows the top bar as well.

I think it depends on a prior state, it does not always happen. Suggestion: on applying a preset, bring everything in order... : show any element which is allowed to be shown (ie which is set to autohide or show).

Edit: Look, after I apply "Planung" preset.
https://youtube.com/shorts/p-ipMAdOasw?feature=share
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Version
Published on the Google Play. For today (4. 5.) to 25% of users. If there won't be a serious issue, 100% will be published tomorrow.

@tapio
- zoom click & center auto-hide > perfect, fixed
- appear of content after preset is set > you may notice on your video, that not just top toolbar, but also zoom buttons and map screen content button. It depends if there was any change in panel visibility settings or not.
  •  

sbouju

Is there another way than going through Google Play to update Locus 4? My Google Play app has been crashing for several days now, on my only OnePlus 6T, and so I'm doing my important updates via APK Pure, but it doesn't seem to be effective for Locus 4 Beta ...
Hopefully, the update works OK on the 3T.
  •  

d1039532

In 4.1 version the delete button disappeared from record track panel when you stop recording
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: d1039532 on May 04, 2021, 21:37:24
In 4.1 version the delete button disappeared from record track panel when you stop recording
I have this too on one smartphone with the 4.0.2 version.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 04, 2021, 15:34:03
@tapio
- appear of content after preset is set > you may notice on your video, that not just top toolbar, but also
I have also noticed this when the main menu button for last couple of weeks+, but haven't reported it yet; will confirm in latest version 1st

PS. I can't reproduce the problem in the latest public LM4.1 - fixed
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

V4.1.0
# 279 solved, thanks

with new version map tiles are rendered slowly while zoom in/out or pan map
also if i repeat zoom in/out, are these tiles not cached?

EDIT
with map rotation turned on, the map loading is even slower
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

Andrew Heard

4.1.0 last line/ final street name of the test Route Planner itinerary is incorrect - see attached test GPX. The final line in the itinerary could be removed because the road is still Augusta Road, not Wellwood Street, or the final line should also be Augusta Road. See correct names in map screen cap.
  •  

Andrew Heard

finally the ability to quickly move to first & last point of a recorded track to see the starting & ending timestamps - thanks, great!
  •  

slarti76

Menion, do you plan to overhaul the waypoints-in-tracks screen? For one thing, I'm definitely not the only one missing bulk delete. Also, I noticed that sometimes deleting doesn't work. Not sure how to reproduce it, but directly after I restarted Locus it's always OK. I think it's more likely to happen on tracks that I just copied.
Anyway, that dialog has some issues, so if you're planning to do something here anyway, please consider adding multi-delete and check the code for deletion... Thx!

Menion

@d1039532
The missing "delete" button is an ugly side-effect of different changes. Thanks, will be solved in the next version. For now, you may tap on the back button on the main map screen. In the popup is an option to stop or immediately delete the current recording.

@balloni55
map slowdown ... hmm, only what I did was a little slower animation of how map tiles are displaying. I'll revert it if there is such a negative visual effect.

@Andrew Heard
two issues: missing round-about and incorrect street names. Thanks, both improved/fixed.

@slarti76
I plan. All these sub-screens are because of lack of time mostly copy of old screens from V3 app and they definitelly need an update!