Export/Import of computed Geocaches

Started by Sonny, April 24, 2021, 09:47:28

Sonny

There's a problem if I export a Cache with computed coordinates (=a cache with Orignal + Corrected Coordinates, marked with red star on Cacheicon in the map. see Screenshots "map with" + "detail with").
After re-importing such a Geocache, Locus doesn't treat it as "computed" anymore and also lost its Original Coordinates (see Screenshots "map without" + "detail without").

This would be important: for example a friend sends me an exported .gpx-file of a planed joint Cache-trip. I import his .gpx file and want to see on the map if he solved some of the "Mystery"-Caches already at home (="computed"), or if this are just the Cache's Headercoordinates and we have to solve them in the field.

Please export Original+Corrected Coordinates (+ "computed" flag if necessary) into the .gpx-file so that Locus is able to read both coordinates after a re-import.

Menion

Hello Sonny,
understand. Is there any "standard" used across most of the apps to attach original & corrected coordinates into GPX? Because no such option exists as I know. If I do this by myself, only Locus Map will be able to re-import the correct GPX file with these parameters.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sonny

There's no GPX-standard, cause Groundspeaks' .gpx files always just contains the Header-coordinates or the corrected-Coordinates in its <wpt>-Tags. Groundspeak delivers both coordinates just via API (="Update caches" in Locus)

So you can define an additional tag on your own. GSAK for example (which Locus is able to import in a correct way) notes the Original coordinates following way:

<gsak:wptExtension xmlns:gsak="http://www.gsak.net/xmlv1/6">
      <gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>48.123456</gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>
      <gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>14.123456</gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>
</gsak:wptExtension>

So Locus could for example create an additional:

<locus:OriginalCoordinates lat="48.123456" lon="14.123456" />

Menion

Thanks Sonny. Give a try to the next app version. I've in the end choose the same system as used by GSAK also for the export.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Vinterblad

Sonny

There a some small things to improve:

1)
Since you choose the GSAK-notation, maybe also keep its CamelCased-tags, since otherwise this could be a potential problem if importing into other software:
<gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>47.123456</gsak:LatBeforeCorrect>
      <gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>13.123456</gsak:LonBeforeCorrect>

2)
<gsak:lonbeforecorrect> is filled with Latitude instead of Longitude value by mistake

3)
A new (unnecessary) "Final" Additional waypoint is created during export

Menion

1), 2) ah thanks, fixed.

3) hmm, I've completely forgotten about this. But I can't simply remove this feature. As I see, I made it 5 years ago and I really do not know who needs it/use it. But I believe, it is not a big problem.
  •  

Sonny

Thank you menion, this feature is working now!  :)