skins error: "Problem with skin - wrongly extracted"

Started by stebu, June 21, 2011, 13:05:28

stebu

I had a working skin, simple compass, arrow and distance. But after version 1.8.2 (or something) it stopped working.
When I try to open it only the error in the topic is shown.
I tried to reduce the zip to minimum, but still same error. So I'm not sure that this version would even work.

The main question is: What does this error mean?[attachment=0:2w1b9hyz]stebu.zip[/attachment:2w1b9hyz]
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  looks you have same issue as I have on my xoom and some users also
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=649&p=3439&hilit=xoom+skin#p3439

anyway when you select your skin, then exit app and then return back, this skin should work. Try it please. I have to find any workaround for this problem ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion!
The on/off trick does not work for me (ZTE Blade, droid v2.2) :(
There must be something in the zip, since other skins work. I'll keep fiddling with it.

A bit later:
I edited another simple layout (simple speed) and got the same error. (Other files still work)

It is WinZip ("send to compressed folder") on W7.
When I zipped with 7z everything works! (Except my layout is not so good  :oops:  :D )
  •  

stebu

Now that I have my skin working, there is still the minor inconvenience that the portrait setting is forgotten when I activate the skin.
Normally I prefer to use Locus with portrait mode locked. But somehow skin activation (any skin) unlocks the setting.
  •  

Menion

fine, good news,

I was already looking on this settings today :) when you read description, you'll see that this settings is applied only on main map screen. Other screens aren't affected. But I think that this should be applied on all screens right? I'll change it ...
  •  

stebu

At least I would prefer to keep the locking.
Some skins have both portrait and landscape layout, maybe they should not bee locked???

This is 99% final version of my skin to show bearing and distance to a target.[attachment=0:8632vw2h]stebu.zip[/attachment:8632vw2h]
  •  

Menion

nice, simple and useful :)

about orientation ... don't understand. You have locked orientation on landscape in settings (that is applied only on main map screen) and you want to keep this settings also on your screen?
  •  

stebu

Yes, I want to keep the locking with my skin.

If you implement this locking, it could be conditional on wether the skin shows the map screen.
Some dashboards do not show the map, so they could be allowed to rotate.
  •