Filter not working on GSAK-Geocache Type "Other"

Started by Sonny, April 20, 2021, 18:01:54

Sonny

I'm managing my Geocaches with GSAK and exporting Geocaches to import them into Locus.
I'm using GSAK also to store waypoints of Non-Geocaching locations, therefor I'm labeling this waypoints with GSAK's pseudo-Cachetype "Other".

I can import these "Other" waypoints into Locus like any Geocache, they are named correctly, and drawn in the map with the default icon of Locus' point folder. (import attached .gpx file of a test waypoint into a folder which already contains other standard waypoints or Caches)

But there's one problem: I cannot filter them. An applied filter always returns 0 results (see Screenshots).

Please make these pseudo-Geocaches filterable and within the filter-dialogue give them the point folders' default icon.   

Menion

Hello Sonny,
share please the GPX file with me, so I can look at it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sonny

Hi Menion, the .gpx is attached in the post above ;)

I  think a solution could be that Locus treats every "Geocache" within a .gpx of (for Locus) unknown type or unusual GPX-formating into an own pseudo-cachetype "Other". Icon of this Pseudo-caches could be e.g. a questionmark.

So all filter methods (distance, cachetype) could still be applied to them.

Menion

Hi Sonny,
I'm playing with it and for me, it is more an issue in Locus Map that allows importing this "Cache/other" as regular cache. So I'm close to fixing this, because no such cache type exists.

The filter is confused because there is no image defined.

I'll let it as is, sorry. Suggest checking for an alternative solution because it is really not intended how Locus Map work with such points.
  •  

Sonny

I see.

But please make Locus import this kind of "Pseudo-geocache" waypoints at least as "standard" (non-geocaching) waypoint. Cause Locus' standard waypoints can be filtered by distance/Date/Icon (=Icon of the folder).

The Waypoint within the .gpx file is conform to the GPX-standard, so it is a regular waypoint with name, description, coordinates. The only problem is that Locus' filter function runs crazy (even if I'm just using non-geocache filter parameter which are availabe for standard waypoints too like distance or icon) perhaps because Locus imported it as "Geocache" instead of a standard waypoint.

Menion

Hi,
Oki, I made some changes hope it will be ok for you. Check it please in the next version and let me know.

- your point with invalid "type" won't be considered as geocaches
- default folder icon, if used for any points, will be available in the filter as well
  •  

Sonny