Track times and speeds.

Started by rijackson741, June 19, 2011, 21:50:10

rijackson741

In previously recorded tracks the information includes two times and two speeds: "All", and "Speed > 0". The times and speeds are usually different, because of stops along the way. But today I recorded a track and it says "All" and "Speed" (so the second column heading has changed), and the speeds and times are identical. That shouldn't be the case, because I stopped for lunch. One thing I have changed is that I turned on "Record only whilst moving". Is this the reason for the difference (although I don't see why that should change the second column heading)?
  •  

Menion

hi, heading is only "mistake" in translation. and yes, both values are same because of checked "record only whilst moving", so points without speed aren't recorded and both columns should be then the same
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rijackson741

OK. Thanks for the explanation. Then I have a related question. If I turn "Record only whilst moving" off, and set an interval of 10m, then it should still not record when I am not moving. I need to move at least 10m before it will record a new point, correct?
  •  

Menion

yes correct but try to stay at one place with a worst signal, you'll see that you're still moving in various radius (should be around 50 metres) but speed will be 0 or almost 0. So settings "Record only whilst moving" also prevent to record these points that are caused by inaccuracy in GPS
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rijackson741

OK. It all makes sense now  :)

Thanks again.
  •