[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

slarti76

Quote from: luce on April 30, 2021, 10:45:16
I can also confirm a lag of 1 sec when tapping the main menu button. Because of that, using 3x5 functions grid is not really practicable for functions that are used quite often. This behaviour was always like this since LM4. No noticeable lags with other menus. I take my mobile to be quite fast, but in this fast changing world maybe I'm wrong ;)
I also checked the menu content, but both devices (S9 and XCover Pro) have exactly the same entries. I also wouldn't say it's instant on the S9, but on the XCover it is annoyingly slow, especially, like you say, given it's "favorite" functions...
  •  

Andrew Heard

I can also confirm a lag of 1 sec when tapping the main menu button.
FWIW near instant for me on all devices
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 01, 2021, 01:24:42
I can also confirm a lag of 1 sec when tapping the main menu button.
FWIW near instant for me on all devices
Same, but LM4 is on just one device. Negligible delay here, like 0.25s
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard

• Re-set of backup directory, in case you use a directory on the SD card, is expected. It has to be set again, sorry.
  • slow vector maps - interesting, noticeable difference?
  • Presets - V4+ themes - only "General" really exists. We do not have prepared more themes for V4 maps. Map screen content > Themes - display themes for currently active vector map, so you probably have LoMaps, so all V3 themes are available
  • itinerary - in the Route planner, side menu > Route stats > itinerary

@Viajero Perdido
Fixed auto-update - perfect. Finally :)
The keyboard problem is interesting. I'm using only original device keyboards, but never noticed any problem. Even if I install same keyboard you use, I'm not sure, I can solve this on my side  :-\

@baegas
fine. I've noticed the same issue during testing, so fixed. Visible text, in the case of complex HTML, is not perfect. I'm anyway not sure, if I may do something with it ... probably not, sorry.

@slarti76
Hmm, I'm testing it on Huawei P9 Lite, there is probably not the worst device :) and it took 300-500ms to open a menu. I've double-checked code related to it and there really should be nothing that may slow down this operation.

@tapio
thanks, I probably see the reason of the crash.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: baegas

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 01, 2021, 20:58:10

• Re-set of backup directory, in case you use a directory on the SD card, is expected. It has to be set again, sorry.
  • slow vector maps - interesting, noticeable difference?
  • Presets - V4+ themes - only "General" really exists. We do not have prepared more themes for V4 maps. Map screen content > Themes - display themes for currently active vector map, so you probably have LoMaps, so all V3 themes are available
  • itinerary - in the Route planner, side menu > Route stats > itinerary
@menion - thanks for all the checks/ replies

• my phone doesn't have an SD card
  • slow vector maps - ahh yes - LoMap was using black background in video while refreshing, which is visually more noticeable but actually same amount of time as OpenAndroMap using a white background; now LoMap also has a white background - auto dark theme??
  • side menu > Route stats > itinerary - OK finally found it, thanks
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Axel D

There is a problem with the color mode of the map. I switched on the dark mode automatic. But now the map is dark at the day and bright at night.
Are there some settings wrong?

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Tapio

Outdoor day, several problems.

1. Symbols for geotagged photos disappeared, it happened twice. I had to disable/enable them (eye symbol).

2. I was recording, but at some point the recording button was just green, not red pulsating.

Both may be related to applying of presets, which I sometimes do, sometimes it's even suto triggered by Tasker. But no preset should be able to do 1./2

3. If in point screen and I tap somewhere on the track, Locus should stay in point screen.

4. Distance to a geotagged photo. It was initially often very wrong. Tap somewhere, close bottom screen, re-enter and it was... better. What should Locus show? I guess, since external waypoints or pictures are not linked to a track, the direct distance? But that was 1.2km...Attachments

Suggestion for geotagged photos: give them more priority, if I tap it, I immediately want to see the photo in all its glory in the bottom screen. But I want to avoid having to open an extra window. This is overly clunky especially if there's more photos at one place.
So: Full width for the photo please, instead of only that thumbnail size! That thumbnail is just not enough. The picture is the central information. IMO distance, elev, latlon are secondary here, it would be totally fine to scroll down, if that info is needed. So, this special "waypoint detail" screen could already be the picture viewer. Maybe with an option of how to manage its size in viewer.

5. A few crashes, related to point screen. Eg entering it. Also the new jump buttons made it crash.
  •  

Tapio

Embedded waypoints are sometimes not in order. They have been added at the timestamps as can be seen in screenshot, but there's often some disorder - why can this happen?

Another bug report: Tap on an embedded waypoint makes Locus turn black, create an orange error message and kind of restart. Screenshot.
EDIT: It does not seem to happen with any track. Not sure yet, but maybe it happens with tracks with more waypoints, like 15+
  •  

balloni55

I had already mentioned it weeks ago, but I can't find the thread anymore.
My setting > always screen on
but on some GC-windows like opened "listing", "log" or "WPT"
i get screen off after device time out
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
- problem with restoring of external directories: Oki. But still, the setup of the directory over the system picker is not saved into the backup, so it needs to be set always manually after restoration.

@ADiet
thanks, hopefully, fixed now.

@tapio

• geotagged photos: you mean that visible points from the map disappeared?
  • green recording icon: I have to simulate this...
  • click on the track when the point screen is visible: why should point screen remain visible? You tapped on the track because I expect you want to work with the track.
  • these geotagged photos are attached to the track? Again, I need to simulate it.
  • crashes, thanks. I've got some of the covered

May you please export to GPX a track that causes any troubles? Thanks

@balloni55
hmm, I've found a place in the code with the text "TODO: 08/06/2018 apply this also for dialogs". But as I'm looking at it, I still do not know why it does not work as-is. Interesting.

An hour later ... hack found :)

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on May 03, 2021, 14:55:52
@tapio

• geotagged photos: you mean that visible points from the map disappeared?
  • green recording icon: I have to simulate this...
  • click on the track when the point screen is visible: why should point screen remain visible? You tapped on the track because I expect you want to work with the track.
  • these geotagged photos are attached to the track? Again, I need to simulate it.
  • crashes, thanks. I've got some of the covered

May you please export to GPX a track that causes any troubles? Thanks

1. Yes
3. When I decided to analyze points and then tap track somewhere, I am likely to be interested in another point. Eg when hiking and navigating a track, I want to check distances of future trackpoints. That's why I say there should be a track/point toggle... and when tapping the track, the software should respect the users will where he wants to stay 🙃
4. Nah, the geotagged photos are not linked to the track. Their position is just close.

GPX: attached. I re-imported it to a new track, makes Locus "crash" reliably. (Tap on waypoint in the waypoints screen).
  •  

sbouju

I started recording my track with Locus on a smartphone 1, and after stopping this smartphone with standby, I used a smartphone 2 for my return, having noticed with some surprise that the recording was then done in continuity of the first :)
Is this a feature directly related to the synchronization activated on both smartphones?

About my record too: I find sometimes difficult/impossible to stop it and delete it directly, and I need to save it first, in order to get out of the recording process...
  •  

Menion

Topic ... is ... closing.
Damn, the list of news of the just-published version 4.1 (Locus Map Pro 3.52) is soooo long. Without the feedback here, it will be half that long. Hmm, less feedback, less work ...  :P
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce