[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

Menion

@Andrew Heard, @T-mo
so the point is to display the navigation itinerary in the Route planner. To simply see navigation commands and street names there.

Because of the need for a quick overview over added points that define navigation and the possibility to quickly drag & drop, this is not a good idea from my point of view.

What comes to my mind > option to display "itinerary" directly in the new track detail (as another option in the bottom menu). With this, you should also check the detailed navigation itinerary with Route planner > Menu > Route stats > itinerary. It this a possible solution for you?

@tapio
ah thanks, map correctly moves, but chart stays visible. Anyway, this whole big chart screen needs to be wrote again from scratch next weeks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

Btw. is anyone using dark mode? Experience? Should be enabled by default for users with dark mode enabled in the device? (so "System settings" option).
  •  

CabrioTourer42

I used dark mode in the past but came back to light.
The only reason why I don't use dark mode is the map redraw.
When zoom in or out the not drawn parts of the map gets black and switches back to light when the map part was drawn
The result is a disturbing black-light switching when dealing with the map.

Would be nice if you can fix this.
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: CabrioTourer42 on April 26, 2021, 15:08:23
When zoom in or out the not drawn parts of the map gets black and switches back to light when the map part was drawn
Same thing in the light mode (but white to map in place of black to map), no...?
  •  

CabrioTourer42

Yes, but the main color in the map is light. Means it switches from some light color to another light color.
In dark theme the contrast of the switch is much higher bec it's light to dark and back to light.

In light theme it looks like a redraw. In dark theme it looks like there is something wrong ongoing.
I know thats just human feeling. At least for me it's so weird that I decided to use light. I interact more with the map than with dialogs.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, thanks for the feedback. I've investigated this issue a little more cause it looked to me also weird and seems that issue is in background color defined in vector MapsForge themes. Probably solvable on my side, I'll look at it ...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 26, 2021, 09:19:00
so the point is to display the navigation itinerary in the Route planner. To simply see navigation commands and street names there.
yes

Because of the need for a quick overview over added points that define navigation and the possibility to quickly drag & drop, this is not a good idea from my point of view.
agreed

What comes to my mind > option to display "itinerary" directly in the new track detail (as another option in the bottom menu). With this, you should also check the detailed navigation itinerary with Route planner > Menu > Route stats > itinerary. It this a possible solution for you?
perfect ;-)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Mapper

Quote from: CabrioTourer42 on April 26, 2021, 15:08:23
I used dark mode in the past but came back to light.
The only reason why I don't use dark mode is the map redraw.
The result is a disturbing black-light switching when dealing with the map.

Would be nice if you can fix this.
I tried dark mode but also found the large black blocks disturbing.
I don't think it has anything to do with the map theme, I am using Freizeitkarte and the map-background color is defined light-grey in the theme xml file:

<rendertheme xmlns="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme ../renderTheme-v5.xsd" version="5" map-background="#e6e6e6" map-background-outside="#dddddd">
  •  

john_percy

I quite agree that the black blocks are strange. Seems to me the solution would be to draw the map blocks initially in the defined background colour rather than black. I assume that's what @Menion is suggesting.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Oki guys, give please a try to new MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.5_1009 version with nice bunch of other updates  ;)

luce

Hello Menion,
in the latest Version the new track screen doesn't show up any more...
Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on April 27, 2021, 11:51:12
Oki guys, give please a try to new MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.5_1009 version with nice bunch of other updates  ;)
Tap on track does no more open the new track screen? I managed to display it, but it is not useful.

- Show trackpoint new screen
- Tap on arrow to the right of the track
- Fullscreen/classic track window appears
- Go back
-> New track screen. EDIT Ah, already reported
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

- Itinary should also be in the classical track window (if it stays)
- I now have an access error on the Locus/router/segments4/*.rd5 file when adding points in route planner. Offline LoRrouter. EDIT: SOLVED. I found "Brouter" was set as the router for whatever reason. I am convinced I have not set it. I always use the Offline LoRouter.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm, it is partially an accident, because I've generated APK as a final version, not Beta, sorry for this.
On the second side, I'm just preparing a new screen for all places where the app work with tracks, so give me a day or two to finish and test it correctly. Thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Menion

Hmm, most of the work done and tested. Let's play a little bit .. on your own risk :).

New version: MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.5_1010_beta

Big today change: fully integrated new track screen. There are almost 30 places where the old screen was used so any unexpected behavior should be considered as a bug (and to be true, is expected that I've not tested all cases perfectly). Reports are welcome of course. In the new track screen is available (like in the new "point screen") an option to open the old screen (only in Beta versions) to quick check & test.