[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

Menion

New Beta version MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.4_1008

@slarti76
Hmm, at least check please expert settings > Map rotate only when centered.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  Quickly tested 1008 on both devices.  Still no change, sorry.

I did notice an automatic backup finally happened about 7 hours ago; the first from LM4.  (Did I install 1007 beta 3 days ago?  I've got ABU set for 3 days.)  But router files still haven't updated; both devices.  On phone, files now 10 days old; interval is stuck at 7.

Both devices do report a gold subscription (though tablet oddly doesn't say GOLD at bottom of main menu; I think just a display issue).  And other gold features like sync work just fine.  But I definitely can't change the router update interval.  Like you say, weird.

I have to run now, meet some cachers with a ladder.  :)
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on April 22, 2021, 16:17:37
@slarti76
Hmm, at least check please expert settings > Map rotate only when centered.
Uh, yeah, I totally didn't see that. With that setting off it works as expected. Thx!
  •  

Tapio

@Menion, yes, see screenshot. Will observe and report in helpdesk, if I know more.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quote#160: fixed & improved, thanks
confirm, thanks
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.0.2.4 - addresses generated for navigation commands: verified/ thanks.

Now the inevitable next observation/ request - the Route Planner & "Mavigation mode" have two different concepts of "itinerary":

• The Route Planner itinerary displays a list of Via points.
  • During navigation the itinerary displays a list of roads (addresses).
It could be very useful to merge these two lists, especially into the Route Planner itinerary (or a more compact form of it) so that the list of roads (addresses) can be more efficiently verified (corrected) before navigation is commenced.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
Weird, I was quite sure that I've found the reason of this issue. So the change in update interval still ends with the same error message right? Damn. Give me some time. Maybe more people write the same issue, maybe I find anything I do not see now ... thanks.

@tapio
hmm, it may not be connected to dark mode. It looks like that app is unable to pick the correct map for the preview so use the blank map. And because you use dark mode, it is black, nothing more.

Anyway reliability of creating previews is quite bad  :-\

@Andrew Heard
Both "itineraries" have different use-case. In the route planner, it is mainly about the option to see all segments on one screen and the option to change easily it's order. In the active navigation route planner, it is about a common itinerary known from bigger navigation apps. It should be read-only and give quick overview of what will come.
Can't imagine how to merge them to be true  ???
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on April 23, 2021, 10:26:15@tapio
hmm, it may not be connected to dark mode. It looks like that app is unable to pick the correct map for the preview so use the blank map. And because you use dark mode, it is black, nothing more.

Ah no big deal... may be related to my use of an OAM map. I don't use Lomaps because MFv3.

Viajero Perdido

Right.

The LoRouter issue isn't urgent for me at all.  But I know it's a major selling feature, and I'm happy to help debug it.  Let me know how I can help.  Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention.  I tried changing the auto-backup settings as you suggested.  ABU does seem to work, but it didn't help with routing data, sorry.  I'll report back if anything changes, such as a missed backup.

EDIT: I created a help topic with new info.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on April 23, 2021, 10:26:15
@Andrew Heard
Both "itineraries" have different use-case. In the route planner, it is mainly about the option to see all segments on one screen and the option to change easily it's order. In the active navigation route planner, it is about a common itinerary known from bigger navigation apps. It should be read-only and give quick overview of what will come.
I guess Andrew meant:
- RoutePlanner-iternary being an parameter-list (input, via-points)
- Navigation-iternary being an calculated result-list (output)(containing the via-points as used constraints)
Currently you see the (calculated) results in
- RoutePlanner as drawn route > graphics only
- after starting navigation as route & iternary > graphics + table
even though it's in both situation already calculated.
In RoutePlanner maybe without fetching road-names.
With having the full result you can better decide whether to use it or not..if you started the process of navigation, it's not that easy to step back.
Maybe you are in unknown territory and someone gives you some hints, use a certain  street, whatever..

Currently you have to do some clicks and cannot go back and forth easily.

In my opinion the iternary could gain some structure and styling to clearly differ between input-points and calculated parts between
- shaping point 1
-  road/segment 1
-  road/segment 2
- shaping point 2
-  road/segment 1
- shaping point 3

maybe collapsable  :)

Andrew Heard

Both "itineraries" have different use-case. In the route planner, it is mainly about the option to see all segments on one screen and the option to change easily it's order. In the active navigation route planner, it is about a common itinerary known from bigger navigation apps.
@Menion - for me it's the same use-case otherwise I wouldn't have suggested. For me it's to efficiently see the whole planned route (shaping, Via points, segments and road names), sometimes by confirming a known road name has been chosen (or not). At present my planning workflow is Route Planner > Save > Navigation (dummy test) > Itinerary > confirm {> Route Planner etc.}.

to merge in code or visually? I'd agree with @T-mo. Sometimes just a simple/ concise (textual) itinerary list without graphics would be perfect; other times the existing more detailed Route Planner itinerary is also perfect.

BTW my only two suggestions for the round trip generator were

• change "Generate round trip" to "Suggest new round trip"
  • if more than one point is already defined, change the error message "Place a point on the map to define the start of your trip" to "To suggest a new round trip, please add at most one starting point"

Tapio

No reaction on pressing this button...
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 24, 2021, 23:53:14

• if more than one point is already defined, change the error message "Place a point on the map to define the start of your trip" to "To suggest a new round trip, please add at most one starting point"

...or calculate a round trip with all the already defined points, if possible...?

Just had a first look on this function I did not know...
It seems to me that the proposed route is the longest away possible, quite like a forth and back.
May be an option to have the trip the more circular ("round") possible would be fine ?
Or one or two via points...?

Another thing I see: very often (always?) the proposed route goes preferentially to the north...
edit: oops, I had not seen the arrow! :o
  •  

Tapio

Button has an ugly cut shadow. Bottom bar is always on, Fullscreen mode, res. 1080x2244
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: sbouju on April 25, 2021, 13:00:23
...or calculate a round trip with all the already defined points, if possible...?
@sbouju - the service is provided online by 3rd party GrafHopper, so not within control of Locus team. It only works with zero or one defined point; not more... It needs an improved/ more helpful error message.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju