[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

freischneider

Crashes: solved

If I have a long track name, it is not completely displayed.
For a small arrow in the end is too little space.
Possible solution:
If the place is not enough. Click on name and a window goes on with the whole name. (Possibly only with long names)
Someone wrote, he wants to copy names. You could do that in this window.

Edit: There is room for the small arrow on name. In the 2nd line a letter (or number) less and after the 3 points the arrow. I just noticed at the 2nd look.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Christian

Quote from: Menion on April 14, 2021, 15:44:42
New Beta version 4.0.2.2 just uploaded to Google Drive.

Important info:
For a few weeks, I test automatic reports of crashes to "bugsnag" service. Seems that after many years and many services I tried, this one finally works as expected. And the useful part for you: "user ID" visible in the "about app" page in the app since 4.0.2.2, should finally be used to search for crashes on your device. So let's give it a try and if the app crashes, just send me this ID instead of creating bug reports by the quite complicated system as before. Thanks!
That this happens on my old days *sigh

btw: when will the stable release of the Platinum Eternal Edition be published?
  •  

luce

Hello!
Nice thing the new crash reporting system!
Unfortunately, the crash issue is not solved on my mobile with version 4.0.2.2... ID: 3b678e0421.
Best, Lucas
  •  

slarti76

Trying out new beta, unfortunately track description is not selectable/copyable anymore.  :'( Any reason why this was removed?
  •  

slarti76

Ok, more tests with new beta.
Good news first: Turning on auto-sync now leads to initial sync. Thx

But my big sync problem and the crash-when-clicking-on-track isn't resolved. In fact, I can reproduce the sync problem now:
Turn on auto-sync, take a track (created with the route planner), sync it, now edit the track (on A) with the route planner, save (overwrite), wait. After auto-sync is through on both devices, the track will be gone on B. Reproducible. On A, the "Last Update" shows "pushDelete: 1", no "push".

Now the funny thing: this time, further manual syncs on both devices didn't lead to the track being deleted on A, instead at some point the track actually appeared on B! Still, not trustworthy.
Also, I could now click on the track on both devices without crash.

But... Now I wanted to try it with Track Editor instead of Route Planner. Again, edited on A, clicked the track - crash. Synced to B, clicked the track on B - crash. So after editing with Track Editor, sync seems to work, but track detail popup crashes Locus again.

Hope explanation is detailed enough.

Oh, and for the crashes: My User ID is 6880a91b7.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 14, 2021, 15:44:42
New Beta version 4.0.2.2 just uploaded to Google Drive.
I test automatic reports of crashes to "bugsnag" service
@Menion - nice system - does Locus device need to have Wifi or mobile data enabled at the precise time of any crash or the crash data cached then possible to upload later when comms are available?

"update layout of the points screen" - would be nice if panel (and track detail) can be swiped right to hide, consistent with other new panels eg Map-screen content, when a tablet is used in landscape mode
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Some thoughts on trackpoint/track view.

1. Stay in view... When I am in new trackpoint screen and tap the track at some position, I wish it would stay in trackpoint screen and display the selected point.
2. Intuitive toggle button needed, toggle between track screen/trackpoint screen.
3. In trackpoint screen I think there's a lot wasted space. The from start/to end information is important, but not initially visible. I hope for some user config/reorder possibility.
If we can intuitively toggle, there may be no need for the track/folder info in the trackpoint screen.
4.In Trackpoint screen, the statistics section with "To start/to end". If navigating a route, there would be the right place to display track distance and todo elev, relative from current position.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

•  

Menion

@freischneider
Hmm long title is not usual so I do not want to complicate it here. I've improved the track (and also point) metadata edit screen. So now, the long title will be clearly visible there. There you may also copy&paste it.

@Christian
"Platinum Eternal Edition"?  :) .. you may just publish of Locus Map 4 version? Is there any serious problem in current public version?

@luce
hey, ID works, perfect!! And issue fixed. So it will need another version ... thanks.

@slarti76
description: change is a side-effect of the change I made. In case, description will be longer than on 5 lines, it will be cut just to these five lines and the button "more" appears. It has also the big benefit that description in the main view is a simple text field. But with the "more" button, a big internal web browser opens! So in case, you for example copy&paste some description on the web, it will be perfectly working here together with styling, images etc. Same for points now!

And the copy of the description: thanks, fixed for points & tracks.

---

Problems in the second post. Very nice description, thank you very much!
Interesting is that exactly the same steps are done on my device display always on A device "push: 1, pushDelete: 1", which is expected for now. On the second device then "pull: 1, pullDelete: 1". Interesting.
I'll try to fix this now and making edits in the Route planner really as "update" of existing and not delete old and creating new. We will see if it helps.

The crash that appears after edit in the editor is the same as the crash that @luce reported. It Will be fixed, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
crash info is stored in the app and send when app starts next time.

Swiping point/track panel > you mean on the tablets where is attached to the right side right? I know I know ... tablets are still not well supported ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Hello menion
creating WPTs per projection, one issue and one whish ;)
issue:
open a geocache
> create a projected WPT from listing coords > WPT01 :)
> create a projected WPT from WPT01 >WPT02 :)
> create a projected WPT from WPT02 > normal coord window opens ??? not  the projection window to insert my values.

wish:
please display allways meters (not rounded km), or km with 3 decimal places.
for now it is not possible to notice wrong entries
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 15, 2021, 10:38:06
crash info is stored in the app and send when app starts next time.
nice

Quote from: Menion on April 15, 2021, 10:38:06
Swiping point/track panel > you mean on the tablets where is attached to the right side right?
yes/ no worries/ my report was just in case you weren't already aware
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
new version MapGooglePlay_4.0.2.3_1007_beta ready for weekend testing.

@balloni55
I'll look at it next week and let you know.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

luce

Confirm crash problem resolved,
thank you Jiří!
Have a nice weekend,
Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

tested with LM4.0.2.3GOLD (but probably not directly related): Route planner: Generate Round Trip > error: "Place a point on the map to define the start of your trip"? You can see from 2nd screen cap I already have point 1 (start of trip) and point 2 on the map, so what is the message trying to say?
  •  

Andrew Heard

tested with LM4.0.2.3GOLD (again probably not directly related): Navigation - a test route has many roads & navigation points, using vector LoMap. Why are all 4 streets in the Itinerary "unknown" (see screen cap)? With LM3 I assumed this was related to BRouter, but I recently saw another screen cap, maybe from 0709, that showed real street names, so it must be possible. I can long-tap each road on the map screen & the name is correctly displayed, so the information is definitely there for LM4 to display in the itinerary. Am looking forward to a proper itinerary after all these years!!
  •