GPX (poi) file import hangs Locus

Started by stebu, June 19, 2011, 20:23:18

stebu

For about a month I have loaded a GPX file with about 1700 points into Locus.
Normally I check the box "empty the category" and then reload the GPX file.
Recently this action has been taking longer and longer, today I noticed that the whole application window went black, but the data loaded after a couple of minutes. But I have had to "force close" Locus several times.

How can I clear the database, I suspect that it is corrupted? Clearing the data from Android's app manager does not help.

Is there a limit or recommendation to the poi file size and/or number of points? I think my points each contain less than 200 characters.
  •  

Menion

Hi Stebu,
  this is really happen to you? This is really weird because I use still same databases for testing and I don't see any problems with import speed. All database files are stored in Locus/data directory, not in some internal phone storage. So you can delete it there anyway, I suggest to delete whole category in category manager, if you have some speed troubles.

hope this helps. Maybe it's some problem with too many entries in SQLite database file that cause this speed issue. So please try to delete whole category and create new, this should solve this problem
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion!
The problem was not the importing of points, that went fine. But when I hit the Points icon, then Locus froze and showed a black (not blue:) screen.
I solved the problem by uninstalling Locus and deleting the SD/Locus directory. Now it seems that points import and point selection work at  normal speeds.
I noticed that version 1.8.9 has a new window for showing geocahces, very nice!
  •