[APP] - version 3.51.+ ( 17. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 20:33:07

Tapio

Lovely garden at that position.
Unlikely, just an idea. Maybe something after Locus that cannot handle the padded leading zeroes? In the pure decimal latlon format they shouldn't be there. For LM4 I asked Menion to remove them from the variables.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm, interesting. All seems to work correctly for me. We will be publishing a new version this week, so give it a try and let me know if there still be this issue. I'll then invest more time into it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Solved by clearing the "Open by default" settings for Locus. It seems to offer to open loads of URLs it can't actually handle.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

baegas

LM pro v3.62 can't see paired bluetooth in GPS device in bluetooth manager so it can't find external bluetooth GPS
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: baegas on August 07, 2022, 16:29:54
LM pro v3.62 can't see paired bluetooth in GPS device in bluetooth manager so it can't find external bluetooth GPS
similar
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/29120-v3-62-0-how-to-connect-to-a-bluetooth-gnss
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, sorry for this, stupid issue. Bug-fix version is now planned for Monday/Tuesday of next week.
  •  

Bernard P.

Hello,

With android 13 which is being deployed, access to the /android/data directory is more and more complicated (impossible, it was possible with Total Commander, but it no longer works....), and it becomes problematic to read and write files there (for example, to recover the NMEA traces).
Would it be possible to move the directories used by Locus Map into /Android/media, which remains more easily accessible to it?

Best regards,
  •  

michaelbechtold

This whole SAF is insanity on steroids - IF Google does not employ a reasonable exception policy. All geo apps are valid candidates, by design. But the Google support folks that dealt with Locus e.g. are perfect candidates to be fully substituted by an Excel macro. Same outcome, much cheaper.
Enough ranting ...

Have you tried x-plore? Michal (its developer) has had a good grip on /Android/data access in the past, and just released a new version that claims access to /Android/data for Android 13 (my devices are not yet there, hence I cannot test myself).
  •  

Bernard P.

Yes, I tried X-Plore, it works with /Android/data in internal storage, but not with the SD card.
I tried with the last beta version of Total Commander, same problem, works with internal storage, not with SD card. And this will change again with Android 14, sure !

So my question... it seems that using /Android/media is the only permanent solution.

Best regards,
  •  

bezel

Combination Locus Classic (pro) 3.68.1 and Android 12:

offline navigation with Brouter (current version) does not work!
If you want to plan a route with Brouter in Locus it crashes!

What is the reason?
How to work around the problems?
  •  

Menion

•  

bezel

Quote from: bezel on May 25, 2023, 16:09:57Combination Locus Classic (pro) 3.68.1 and Android 12:

offline navigation with Brouter (current version) does not work!
If you want to plan a route with Brouter in Locus it crashes!

What is the reason?
How to work around the problems?

problem solved:
see here -> https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8467.msg72197#msg72197
  •  

hans.castorp

I see a substantially higher battery drain since (I think) 3.69 on Android 8.1

Even when I "close" LM 3 Pro, it still shows up in the app battery usage with a substantial percentage after some hours. With "closing" I mean I dragging the app out of the list of apps. I know this isn't really closing the app, but until 3.68 this was enough to make LM not use battery any longer. The battery consumption is "consistent" with actively using LM, so it seems before 3.69, "closing" it did something different.

Any ideas?
  •  

balloni55

V 3.70.0 AFA
click  Dynamic Content > Additional layers

FC
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks for the bug report, but maybe two hours later I immediately released the 3.70.1 version where this problem should be solved! Does it work now?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55