[APP] - version 3.51.+ ( 17. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 20:33:07

michaelbechtold

Hello John,
once you allow migration to a private folder, first one wins. Second one inherits empty places.

As LM4 has the full access privilege, it might be able to catch the maps from private LMP. But that I kind of doubt. That's the hour of /Android/media (without app specific extension, maybe, LM4 catches all from top level, LMP does not, needs private extension - and a fix).
That is the location to share "media" between apps.

Quote from: john_percy on December 30, 2021, 10:14:43
I changed my mapsVector directory from the default to the media one to test this out and found no special change in speed. I do however have the external and internal memory unified, or whatever Google calls it.
I decided to revert to the default directory and did so on both Locus Pro and Locus 4, allowing Locus to copy and delete files. All appeared to work well for Locus Pro but was surprisingly quick. After doing the same operation on Locus 4 I was left with no vector maps and no themes.
Not happy.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
  •  

john_percy

@Menion @michaelbechtold
In my case the error (which is really a Locus v4 one) was on Locus itself responding to me changing the chosen directory for vector maps by attempting to copy then delete my maps from a "default" directory - which was derived from a shared base directory on internal storage - to my chosen directory in the media folder. Locus Pro did this absolutely fine. I then repeated the process in Locus v4 which simply deleted all the maps. *If there was some access error, Locus ought to have warned me and stopped.*
I have since manually copied the maps to the media folder and added the folder in map manager, rather than by setting custom folders.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

AbdullahOSM

@0709 @Menion Thank you very much. I tried the method and it didn't work at first until I discovered the reason, which was that the default directories were on the external memory, I don't know why it was there and I changed it to the internal memory in the application's folder and the private profile appeared and the problem was solved, thank you very much
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

bezel

@menion
unfortunately I did not receive a PM from you...

Locusmap Pro only works as far as the selection of themes is concerned, as I found out after hours of trying (see my earlier post/ reply#55).

The problem with the themes under Android 11 has not yet been solved, and there is still no option to select/individually define the private folder "custom selection" when assigning the subdirectories (settings).
  •  

bezel

@menion
weeks ago I told you about the problem with the vector themes (for example Elevate) of Locus Pro under Android 11 - unfortunately nothing has happened yet, the problem still exists.
menion, so far you have always been helpful and have tried to solve problems with the app in the short term - in this case nothing has happened, why?

- themes were sent to you for checking, no reaction (I had sent you a PM with the link to the files)
- no update of Locus Pro, no solution regarding the storage location and the necessary path for the OAM themes.

Is this the "end" of Locus Pro?
No more support?
Are bugs no longer fixed?
What about the problem described?
  •  

balloni55

Hello Menion
please create a new title here "version 3.59.+"
and BTW in history you wrote renamed to "Locus Map 3 Classic" but the app itselfe is named "Locus Map Classic"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni,
I'm not sure that specific topics per every version are needed for Locus Map Classic. I'll rename it to "latest". 66 posts per year = hmm, one topic will be enough.

And naming. The official name is Locus Map Classic for now. To make it more clear, we will in some places use Locus Map 3 Classic and Locus Map 4.

And I see I miss the response to @bezel, sorry.

Did you tried the latest 3.59 version? Does it work with this version? I see you send me PM 30. 12. Sorry, I probably read it quickly and forget to create a "todo task". Anyway, no excuses, my bad. Let me know if there is still any problem with latest app, thanks.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
V 3.60
when I start a track recording for the first time after starting Locus Classic, this popup appears once, no matter if I agree or disagree the track recording works.
If I stop this recording and start a new one and also at every further start of a track recording the blue popup appears. However, Locus has access and the recording works without any problems.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

If I remember correctly, this warning should appear in case

- app is not excluded from the battery optimization, or
- app does not have "background location" permission

Are you sure it has both items correctly enabled?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAre you sure it has both items correctly enabled?
yes, classic is excludet from battery optimation and "background location" is allowed
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks for checking it.
Really interesting. I'm looking into code when this blue dialog may appear and the only case is really only when you (user) decline using of fine or background location for the app.

Hard to help balloni here. Maybe try to remove location permission for the Classic version and let the app ask you to allow it again after start...
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
now i found the reason of this popups
if i allow location access all the time, no popup appeares
if i allow location access only while using locus these popup appeare :-[
but I don't understand this behavior, because locus is running when I start a recording.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Fact that the app is running correctly is interesting and I have no explanation for it. Anyway Locus Map forces to enable "All the time" location access to keep recording running correctly.
  •  

john_percy

Something in Quick Bookmarks is now broken. Several of my custom bookmarks no longer work, which I could understand but some of the available preset bookmarks have also stopped working.
For example, Open Street Map and Google Maps (toast illustrated).

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •