[APP] - version 3.51.+ ( 17. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 20:33:07

bezel

thanks for the quick answer!

To be on the safe side - I save then the theme-zips internally ?) under:
internal/android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/locus/mapsVector/_themes ?

(but oam maps can be left on the external sd card?)

or
Quote from: john_percy on December 27, 2021, 14:39:54
Download the zip file and put it in the _themes directory under mapsVector, or install directly to Locus from OAMaps for the Elevate theme.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
where to save  mapsVector (with themes and oam maps) externaly?
  •  

john_percy

Installing Elevate directly from OAMaps now installs the zip file to the correct place. Beyond that, concerning the details of internal and external memory and A11, I simply don't know.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

bezel

@john_percy
thanks - yes, it automatically saves where you have set the directory for mapsVector in the settings -> Set subdirectories.

However, the main problem is - and many users are asking themselves this very moment - where can I save mapsVector (with the themes + oam maps) externally on the sd card without causing the mentioned problems?

under my previous path:
storage/1234-5678/Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector.
the app no longer works properly at all...

@michaelbechtold
can you tell me how/ where exactly I have to set the subdirectories for mapsVector (and save the files of the oam maps and themes) on the external sd card so that the app doesn't crash all the time?

thank you very much!
  •  

michaelbechtold

If you go back to 3.55 (Sept. 2021), you are in control again - full access to non-private folders anywhere, INT and EXT. Not forever, but until Menion is in control of the situation - BEYOND private folders ...

If you want to stick with 3.56, see below:
- if you have enough space on INT SD, move the mapsVector back to INT SD (private folder), so e.g. x-plore can fully manage insta
- if you are happy to work via PC, you can forget sthe step above
- whereever the mapsVector is, empty the themes folder
- now test an OAM map with the internal default theme - it should display the map, however differently from Elevate look and feel
- if Locus crashes here, try another map, if that crashes, too, open a case in the help desk
- if Locus is still alive, install Elevate via OAM web page and check that there is the Elevate.zip in your mapsVector
- now switch the theme to Elevate or Elements
Curious how above will go ...
  •  

tramp20

@menion
why have LMP 3.56.4 and LM 4.5.6 free different access rights to data and media?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

@tramp20
- satellite bars are visible. Just in your case, the quality of the signal is so bad, that bars are only thin lines
- height & accuracy > if these values are received from the GPS unit, they are displayed.

Permissions: long story discussed in LM4 topic anyway Google allowed Locus Map 4 to temporarily use "All files access" so it allows having directory in the internal memory root as before (we do not know for how long this exception will be valid, but at least it gives me some time). Unfortunately, Locus Map Pro request was twice denied. I'll be generating LM Pro with this option to the public Google Drive for direct APK download (January). That's the best I may do for now.

@bezel
I'm not sure what exactly is the problem now. App in the latest version is still slow? "mapsVector" directory on the SD card should not cause any huge performance issues in the latest public version. Anyway steps described by @michaelbechtold are precise so give it a try.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: Menion on December 29, 2021, 08:32:36
@tramp20
- satellite bars are visible. Just in your case, the quality of the signal is so bad, that bars are only thin lines
- height & accuracy > if these values are received from the GPS unit, they are displayed.

As you can see in my screenshot I have a perfect fix (9/11 satellites, accuracy is 4 m).
All previous LM versions did show the bars and I have this little problem on all of my phones now.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I also noticed that the indicators are not displayed in the last version. He does not help the phone reboot, I'm sure previously appeared. But it does not affect the route record, so I did not. But i'm using a version 4x
  •  

Menion

Oki, thanks guys, I'm going to look at it ...
  •  

bezel

@menion
I have tried everything, but the problem persists!

1. since the update to 3.56.4 Locusmap Pro is extremely slow when building maps (if the maps are on the external SD card).

2. the app stops or crashes when the themes selection (e.g. elevate or elements for the v5 OAM maps) is called!!!
Tried different storage paths on the external SD card for mapsVector (with the OAM maps + themes), e.g.
storage/1234-5678/Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector
- without success!

menion, not only me, but many others too are really getting desperate and are annoyed!
It can't be that this should mean the end of LocusPro for many of us !
You only have to look at the various cycling forums - people have really had enough of LocusPro since the update and the resulting errors when calling up the themes/maps and urgently want a solution

Please find a solution! I'll appreciate your help.
  •  

Menion

@bezel
1. if the rendering of the map itself is slow, then it has to be a problem with the slow SD card! Really suggest using internal memory if possible.

2. crash when selecting theme was detected and will be fixed in today bug-fix version

Desperate and annoyed > I and others in the team fully understand. Imagine our situation. 8 people depending on the quality of the product. So it is in our highest interest to have a fully working and reliable app. If there are really mainly these two issues, they are solvable I believe.

Btw. You may also try to add map to the /xxxx-xxxx/Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/mapsVector directory. There app has full access as well as you as a user. Anyway this is solution "in testing" and not officially documented yet.
  •  

bezel

@menion
thank you for taking care of the problem with the themes (crashing or stopping the app)!
It can't be the SD card - before the Android11 and 3.56.4 update everything ran smoothly and quickly...

Thank you and the whole team if you can fix the bug!
For many users Locus is (was...) the most important (and so far...) best navigation app.
  •  

Menion

Oki, understand .. so

1. I'll be publishing a new version today, so give it a try. At least themes should work correctly now
2. try placing a single vector map to the mentioned /Android/media directory with this new version. Is there a difference if placed on the SD card or internal memory?
3. if so, what exactly means "slower"? Does it take significantly more time when you move with the map, till all tiles load? If so and you will be willing to spend some time with testing, we may iterate it with few testing versions to find out read reason for this. This anyway a little later, firstly new version. Thanks for the patience.
  •  

bezel

@menion
I have tried moving the oam-map to the "media" directory on the external card - the card structure is slightly better, BUT:
the 'themes' also moved there cannot be called.

This is probably because the subdirectory is still set to the data folder
storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector,
and not to the media folder
storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/mapsVector
- problem is there, under:
Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Default directories -> Set own subdirectories -> Assign 'mapsVector/' directory,
it is not possible to change this private directory/ folder!
See screenshot.

The private folder path cannot be changed anymore, what might be the reason for this?

•  

balloni55

Quotethe 'themes' also moved there cannot be called.
confirm
theme is only available to select if stored in "data" path
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •