[APP] - version 3.51.+ ( 17. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 20:33:07

nIgel

Sorry for this late feedback I normally don't pass the tunnel where the error happend.

Second test today revealed problem persists even with changes in the accuracy but I saw that I forgot to mention that Geocaching4Locus was running with GC Live-map. Zooming in and out brought the red track line back on the screen. While returning I tried the car profile and no track line appeared on the map. So I changed the car profile to "show only part of the track on the map" to optimize the performance and the track showed up on the map and no disappearing of it after passing the tunnel.
So I guess that means it is a performance problem of my phone.
  •  

Menion

Hi, hmm performance problem should not cause this. What about the style of your track? Are you using some simple coloring (red) line, nothing more? Just asking if there isn't some error on the background.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

nIgel

Nothing fancy, just a simple red line.

... but GC Livemap didn't update the screen with new caches too. Only after the mentioned zoom in zoom out action. Though cursor and map did update.
  •  

Menion

Hi, I was thinking about what may cause this problem and to be true, I have absolutely no idea. If you are able to easily simulate it, only what comes to my mind is to create a log right after this problem appears, by this method: http://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log . Thanks,
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

nIgel

Ok, thanks for that.
Since I have root I did install SysLog (https://github.com/Tortel/SysLog) now and hope to remember to use it, if the problem appears again (the aformentioned tunnel is 100km far from home).
  •  

bezel

@Menion:
unfortunately, the current locus pro version no longer works under android 11....!
What can be done?

must all data that is otherwise stored externally (extSD) now only be stored internally?
that would not work at all in terms of storage space!

where are all the files like the oam maps, cursor data, brouter segments, themes, dashboards and the srtm data to be stored?

i am in despair - it really can't be that locuspro should no longer work...!!!!

•  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: with 3.56.3 the log activation does not work either (Rena's A52) but here the detail dialog does not show up. In the moment you tap the "disabled" to change the setting, the KEY_B_... message pops up in the middle, and the green deactivated message comes and goes.
  •  

bezel

running Android 11 with the latest OAM v5 maps + LocusPro (currently 3.56.3).

Saving option as I found and performed:

In the Locus app, assign the root directory to:
internal/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus

Assign subdirectories in the Locus app to:
storage/1234-5678/Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/...

externally on the SD card under the storage/1234-5678/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/locus - path are then:
at
../mapsvector -> themes / OAM map files
../maps -> OAM worldmap
../data/srtm -> srtm elevation files

- hope it now works like this (permanently).
  •  

tramp20

@menion
since the latest LMP 3.56.4 and LM 4.5.6 free there are no satellite level bars visible.

Two wishes in the attached picture:
1 could you make the level bars a little bit higher?
2. without a fix the values for height and accuracy should not show a wrong value.

Thank you
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

bezel

@menion
also: since the update to 3.56.4 under android 11, locus map pro runs extremely slowly;
further problems when calling up/selecting themes: the app crashes or stops!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: tramp20

michaelbechtold

Do you have mapsVector on ext SD? Then this is a known issue which cannot be overcome, EXCEPT you start to use ZIP themes.
  •  

bezel

themes are located on the external sd card.

until the latest update, it was no problem to call up the themes, e.g. elevate and elements with the oam v5 mapsl
the problem is recently with several users, also that everything builds up very very slowly...
  •  

michaelbechtold

Exactly, and this is why Menion built in support for ZIP themes :-)
From ZIP themes Locus builds an expanded structure on the fast int storage.
Expanded themes on ext SD with Google A11 SAF is a pretty bad idea.
  •  

bezel

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 27, 2021, 14:25:43
Exactly, and this is why Menion built in support for ZIP themes :-)
From ZIP themes Locus builds an expanded structure on the fast int storage.
Expanded themes on ext SD with Google A11 SAF is a pretty bad idea.
Excuse me for asking - but I didn't understand:

Do I download the zip themes manually from openandromaps?
Where do I then save them on the external memory card?
How do I proceed?

Thank you very, very much!
  •  

john_percy

Download the zip file and put it in the _themes directory under mapsVector, or install directly to Locus from OAMaps for the Elevate theme.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •