Web planner / portal

Started by Menion, February 12, 2021, 20:32:44

lor74cas

Hello,
as an old hiker I know it's not always good to rely solely on electronic devices. It is often good to have a paper map and a compass. Not only that, sometimes it is nice to be able to print the path you want to do to show it to the other participants also because not everyone is able to use electronic devices. It would be nice to be able to print from the planner: maps, statistical data, points, altimetry with adequate formatting, certainly not the one offered by the browser.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: settler

freischneider

Quote from: lor74cas on January 22, 2022, 10:41:18
Hello,
as an old hiker I know it's not always good to rely solely on electronic devices. It is often good to have a paper map and a compass. Not only that, sometimes it is nice to be able to print the path you want to do to show it to the other participants also because not everyone is able to use electronic devices. It would be nice to be able to print from the planner: maps, statistical data, points, altimetry with adequate formatting, certainly not the one offered by the browser.
I think that there are very few who can't or don't want to use an app. You can always make a screen print. There you see the same as on a paper map. You can even see more. That should be enough for 95% of the users. There are many functions that are more important.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: lor74cas on January 22, 2022, 10:41:18not always good to rely solely on electronic devices.
I rely on two devices... smartphone and etrex Vista hcx. In case of smartphone failure, which never happened the past 10 years, I think I'll have a hard time using that Garmin ui... No paper necessarily in central Europe. May be different in Antarctica.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

I think there are a lot of things in Locus world used by 1% of the users, so if this is a 5% in your opinion, it's at a very good level.
I never wrote this is a priority task, just an idea for improving the functions of web planner.
And remember, not all the users are "nerds" like in the locusmap forum, there is someone out there that do not use 2 devices at the same time.
And it is not said that when you go out in a group others use their smartphones for GPS navigation, providing them with a paper map is always useful even for educational purposes only.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

freischneider

Then they should submit a proposal so others can vote for it.
Here is the place to do it: https://help.locusmap.eu/
Select the web planner as an option.

Here are all the suggestions for the web planner:
https://help.locusmap.eu/topics/all/status/all/category/30/sort/new_updated/page/1
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: janaton

lor74cas

Quote from: freischneider on January 22, 2022, 16:29:26
Then they should submit a proposal so others can vote for it.
Here is the place to do it: https://help.locusmap.eu/
Select the web planner as an option.

Here are all the suggestions for the web planner:
https://help.locusmap.eu/topics/all/status/all/category/30/sort/new_updated/page/1

Thank you, so I found a similar idea I voted too with 5 votes.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Graf Geo

@lor74cas:

There is such a function in the Locus app. Click on the recorded or planned route/track, share, select track preview and a clear image (jpg) is generated that lists the appropriate map section, the route and the most important parameters:
  •  

lor74cas

I saw the new implementation of the satellite map. It would be useful to be able to select both maps by defining one as a base and the other as a layer, also defining its transparency. The same thing that happens in the app.

Good job, every step counts
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Import GPX is good, but there is a possibility to add the route cant. There is only the option to open in the editor, but the route changes completely after conversion. See SCR.
  •  

janaton

@lor74ca
Thank you for your feedback :). Your idea with possibility of overlay layer with opacity makes sense. We do not have it on our road map for next months. I would recommend / ask you for a favor to create idea on the help desk so others can vote for it and watch progress ;).

@Žajdík Josef
Thank you very much for testing import functionality. I am sorry but "send to planner" action is not very nice ... we are thinking how to improve it and define more automatically generated waypoints.

Quote... , but there is a possibility to add the route cant.
I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean ... feel free to explain in Czech if its easier for you ;). Thx
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Omlouvám se za mou angličtinu.
Stěžejní problém je ten, že není jak doplnit údaje o převýšení do importovaného GPX souboru. Já například zkusil naimportovat přiložený soubor (vytvořený pořadatelem turistické akce). Při načtení ale neobsahuje údaje o převýšení. Viz SCR výše. Jediná možnost jak je tam doplnit, byla otevřít trasu v Plánovači/Přepočítat vše. Tím ovšem dojde nejen k doplnění nadmořských výšek, ale i přepočtu trasy. Takže zatím jediná možnost jak je doplnit bez přepočtu, je otevřít importovanou trasu v Locusu a doplnit je tam. Ovšem to je natolik zdlouhavé, že mohu import udělat rovnou v něm. Chtělo by to tedy při importu kontrolovat zda GPX obsahuje data o nadmořské výšce, a pokud ne, nabídnout jich doplnění. Nebo nějaké tlačítko na doplnění až po importu, to už je jedno.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: janaton on March 31, 2022, 12:42:14
@lor74ca
Thank you for your feedback :). Your idea with possibility of overlay layer with opacity makes sense. We do not have it on our road map for next months. I would recommend / ask you for a favor to create idea on the help desk so others can vote for it and watch progress ;).
Done
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

janaton

@Žajdík Josef
Thanks for nice explanation. I am answering in English so others know what this is about.

Described problem: Imported track from GPX file can be without elevation data. It would be useful to have some mechanism to load (optionally?) missing elevation data for selected track during import. Currently only possibility to do it is to:

• Load track to planner - does not work properly because track is recalculated
  • Open track in Locus map app and fill elevation data there which is not convenient

Solution: I am adding this on our list ... but I am afraid that it will take some time :/ because we need to bring elevation service into the cloud environment.

TomHH

I'm curently evaluating the GOLD subscription for having a better tool organizing my tracks in a more comfortable way, but I'm a little disappointed by the provided functionality.

Managing track:
- there seems to be no way to move tracks to different folders without opening one by one (edit->change folder/collection)

Planning:
- imports are always tracks. no selection to import as track or route
- routing: no option to use BRouter (incl. profiles) which is my primary way of calculate routes.
- nearly no options to edit a waypoint of a track except deleting it. What about straight routing between 2 points? If you don't stick to official cycle ways this is sometimes necessary.

In general I would expect the web app to replicate the functionality of the mobile app in the planning mode.

The main no-go for me is the missing simplicity of managing tracks. Also the should be bulk operations for changing properties like folder etc.

The mobile app is gorgeous but I'm not convinced by the web app. It's not that I'm not willing to pay more for the GOLD subscription but I don't see any benefits for me.
  •  

Steffen_MK

In the web planner I miss the possibility to change shaping points to via points (like in the app). Is this feature planned for the future?

Edit:
Sorry - I overlooked posting #151 by @francisco who had the same request!
Locus Map 4, User-ID: 07e0fc852e
  •