geocaching.com API

Started by RedSpawn, June 16, 2011, 15:28:46

RedSpawn

groundspeak is on the way to enable 3rd party developers to connect directly to geocaaching.com (finally!)  

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7 ... ?ref=title

menion, maybe it is possible for Locus to get beta access to this service?
or maybe ARCAO for your geocaching addon?

i really hope they open this up for everyone!
  •  

Menion

I around a week wrote to groundspeak around this. If they will allow me to use this API, I'm sure them me or Arcao will create addon with online capability!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

This is good news. Now that I finally bought Locus groundspeak offers an API and Locus might get a nice add-on. Great!

Keep up the good work, menion.
  •  

wvb

I'm also looking forward to this!

download PocketQueries is not that handy when on the go..

FYI there is a Geocaching app that works with connectors and can list the surrounding Geocaches of your location and download one (as gpx with all info and logs) to your device (only if you're a premium member)
they have released the source of the connector:
http://android.ranitos.de/files/connector-sample.zip

don't know if this could be of any use but it might :)

they also contacted Groundspeak about a year ago if it was ok for them to connect to the website but never got a reply so they released this source as an example and allow users to "compile" it themselves so there are no licensing issues
  •  

Menion

I know Georg :)

I also yesterday received access codes needed to access to BETA of Gecaching API :) Anyway I have a deal with author of Geocaching4Locus addon, that we will create perfectly working addon rather then direct implementation of Online GC into Locus
  •  

wvb

that's great news!
how exciting! :)

I didn't test Geocaching4Locus yet because Locus is still new to me and wanted to know what is done by Locus and what by the addon.
I will check it out this week for sure..
  •  

dibrial

Quote from: "menion"I also yesterday received access codes needed to access to BETA of Gecaching API :) Anyway I have a deal with author of Geocaching4Locus addon, that we will create perfectly working addon rather then direct implementation of Online GC into Locus
This looks like the best option to me, but as you do so, I would like to advise you to create a seperate forum categorie for this, since there will be a lot of specific geocaching threads.
I would also implement the geocaching functions/tools into this add-on.
  •  

RedSpawn

since Groundspeak officially introduced their "Public API Beta Launch"
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index. ... try4796448
//http://www.geocaching.com/live/

are there any news about API integration in Locus?
is it working?

i guess the "Beta" in the mentioned post indicates that you are not yet free to release a solution without the ok from groundspeak
  •  

Menion

API is already implementing into Locus Geocaching addon. It will not be directly in Locus. In the end of this week or at start of next will be big update of this addon, so you'll see ... we have some surprise for you ;)
  •  

RedSpawn

niiiiiice!  :D
  •  

supermaz

I'm really looking forward to see the new addon! We are going to have the next big multicache on sunday, so Locus will be with us!
  •  

wvb

Oh man, that sounds great!!
I've been wondering what the status was on the GC.com API :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •