Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

flyingman_ch

Why is the country, canton or state no longer displayed for geocaches?
  •  

Tapio

Ttackpoint screen, navigation through the TPs is nice, but idk yet, needs more map area... or at least possibility to zoom.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

joeloc

Latest Beta finally fixed the superlaggy Track Editor when deleting/editing points. It's orders of magnitudes faster now, minutes of waiting time turned to split seconds, no matter how huge the database.

Also, laggy list scrolling in track lists with plenty images in their description tags is fixed. Mini maps in track list still don't seem to be updated and mostly stay empty though. Shouldn't that happen automatically? What map data is used for that anyway, something online maybe?

Zooming in general with plenty points and lots of enabled tracks (tenthousands of trackpoints) seems way faster too. Zooming other regions of the map (where the enabled tracks aren't visible), is orders of magnitude quicker, as if no tracks were enabled at all. Impressive.

In fact, Locus feels so snappy now that I might consider trying to enable all my tracks of all my trips at the same time. This idea would make current Pro from Playstore cry for mercy and pretty much die in notime. Maybe this beta could handle it... :)

Good job with the performance... really! I'm impressed.

john_percy

If I navigate with a preset linked to car navigation, Locus appears to no longer revert to the previous state when navigation ends.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Maybe a thought for post release. Since we can navigate through trackpoints in the trackpoint screen now...
Easy forward/next on "close to track" items would be nice. I'm thinking about geotagged pictures. Currently it is a bit clunky. Attachment related.
  •  

Tapio

Not enough LoCoins - > buy LoCoins - > 404
Germany North
  •  

Tapio

4 overall thoughts about new trackpoint screen:

1. Needs zoom
2. Bigger icons please for the nav arrows
3. Is now starving for a possibility to created an embedded WP from the current tp. But additionally "Add embedded WP" should also be in the tracks context menu, because it has a position.
4. TP screen has info button bottom right. Can be removed. That screen has redundant information.

joeloc

The track that is currently being recorded fails to refresh properly when display was off for a while. Only after repeated zoom operations will it appear on the map again.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

Andrew Heard

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on February 14, 2021, 10:22:05
How do I get there? Have newest beta, but in normal view as well as track editor, there's only the well-known tooltips on each point.Sorry, found it. Didn't have that menu point enabled...

Quote3. Is now starving for a possibility to created an embedded WP from the current tp. But additionally "Add embedded WP" should also be in the tracks context menu, because it has a position.
Yes, yes, 1000x yes! Been hoping for this for ages... ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

tannenzäpfle

Quote from: Andrew Heard on February 01, 2021, 22:16:37
I uninstalled LM4 beta 985 & installed LM4 beta 984 but unfortunately it has expired, so there is no way to compare the performance or regressions.

Here the same problem, I have installed LM4 Beta 6

Hartmut
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: slarti76 on February 15, 2021, 09:06:10
Quote from: tapio on February 14, 2021, 10:22:05
How do I get there? Have newest beta, but in normal view as well as track editor, there's only the well-known tooltips on each point.[/s]Sorry, found it. Didn't have that menu point enabled...

to help me too?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

slarti76

Weekend in the snow, first time with two devices (phone & tab) with LM4, syncing. Unfortunately, quite some minor and not-quite-so-minor problems, please have a look:

• No track sync after just editing a waypoint
    This is the biggest. I had a track synced on both deviced, then on the tab I just edited the position (not name) of a waypoint and synced again - but the position was still wrong on the phone. Then I deleted a single point on the tab and synced again - now the track was correct on the phone, including the edited waypoint.
  • More sync stuff
    Also, synced tracks are sometimes not displayed after a sync, have to hide and show them again in the track list.
  • Track editor Insert/edit: Cannot select point exactly
    In the track editor, when you have points close to each other, you cannot select the right point for moving. At first thought it's just the inexactness of selecting things with a finger, but I tried again with a BT mouse, and really: Locus always selects a point a little to the left or left-down of the actual click position. Made a video, can DM you, if you wish.
  • Track editor: Insert/edit not working after 1 or 2 edits
    I edited a point, and perhaps a second point, but after that, Insert/Edit doesn't show the movable point icons anymore and is useless. Have to leave track editor and start it again. That's rather new, and I could reproduce it in LM3 and LM4. Definitely worked a while ago. Could make a video for that, too.
  • Minimum zoom out factor not working
    In config.cfg, there's this setting map_zoom_scale_min_percent. That doesn't work correctly (LM3 and LM4), probably since you introduced this more automatic zoom factor determination based on device capabilities. What happens: I lock the map zoom with the button and then zoom out. Even if I have that setting at 10 (percent), on the phone I can only "zoom out" to 100% (so, not at all), on the tab 54% is the minimum. It all depends on the zoom you had before and whether "magnify all maps" is selected. But I think it should not, the last zoom should always zoom out to the given minimum. I know, you introduced this for speed reasons, but with newer devices it's less and less necessary, and anyway, if I explicitly choose such a small factor, Locus should accept that ;)
  • Display hiccups after startup/inactivity
    After Locus got killed by Android, I had several times that active tracks were not displayed, first had to zoom around. Same happens sometimes during a recording - I once thought recording stop, but I had to pan and zoom a little, and there the track was again. Also, I sometimes get this "Nothing to display" instead of "Base map" which was reported by someone before.
    EDIT: joeloc reports the problem during track recording, too.

Additionally, a question: Even though both synced databases (track and waypoint) had the same content (I checked all folder contents), they had different sizes: The one which I synced later is 114MB, whereas the "original" is just 100MB.

And, last but not least, a little feature request: Would it be possible to extend the Export Track screen such that you don't have to select a single format, but instead have the buttons of all formats and then mark the onces you need? I very often need to export GPX and KML/KMX at the same time, would be great to be able to do it in one step.
  •  

Tapio

•  

freischneider

Quote from: slarti76 on February 15, 2021, 09:32:31

• Track editor: Insert/edit not working after 1 or 2 edits
    I edited a point, and perhaps a second point, but after that, Insert/Edit doesn't show the movable point icons anymore and is useless. Have to leave track editor and start it again. That's rather new, and I could reproduce it in LM3 and LM4. Definitely worked a while ago. Could make a video for that, too.

with with the same

at Tapio: Thank you
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •