Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on January 16, 2021, 23:09:13
It is a change in the centering button: now center or not. It is the exact same action as when you tap on the big centering button.
I see, so just a one-shot action. I think for a preset "Hold map center" would be more useful. I hope you'll add it.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quote#60, this is not 100% precise. I've spent some time on this problem. The result is moving of the center of the screen on the point.
ok sorry that's right, i had only looked for the centering method in the preview map ???
even so it is ok ;) thanks.

but with the current settings it is still possible to get the map preview when I select "Tap on map" > Details in the settings. 
Where I think the two settings in screenshot are obsolete in LM4

QuoteI love the new way to see main cache below, even when opening a single Waypoint from the map. Really nice!!
these options are great, but for me in the waypoint tab must be no log option, helpful would be a button to create waypoints
in the current version I only found a way to create waypoints if at least one waypoint already exists in the listing  :-\ this is a problem.

with the new option GC quick selection button > "context menu" the show/hide of all waypoints does not work.
if all are hidden the text is "hide all" and vice versa
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Diddi

Today i used Locus first time in live actipn.
I had tot think about how to use it in many ways, but that's normal..

One thing i missed: No possibilitiy to change die main coordinates of a cache. In older version i could tap on the coordinate in cache view to change them. Now i could only long tap to copy them to clipoard.

One bug found: See attached image.
When pointing to a cache, the target line is laggy when moving the map.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on January 15, 2021, 18:11:56
It should already work in this Beta version if I remember correctly.
Was that in reply to my remark about having the same extra values below the two-finger-measurement-line as we now have in the "Cursor to position"-line? Because in the current beta (4.0.0-Beta1), that is not the case, the two-finger-measure-line only has a distance on top of the line.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on January 18, 2021, 09:23:04
Was that in reply to my remark about having the same extra values below the two-finger-measurement-line as we now have in the "Cursor to position"-line? Because in the current beta (4.0.0-Beta1), that is not the case, the two-finger-measure-line only has a distance on top of the line.
Search options, mine has angle as well.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on January 18, 2021, 11:20:29
Quote from: slarti76 on January 18, 2021, 09:23:04
Search options, mine has angle as well.
Ok, I found it, sorry. It's not that obvious that it's under "map lines"...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

luce

Dear Jiří,

the map scale has a strage position when switching on left-handed control. It's nearly in the middle of the screen, but not exactly (see screenshot).

In right-handed mode it is on the right side, so in left-handed mode I would expect it to be on the left side.

Best,
Lucas
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
Hmm, interesting. We see no error on the server so it seems to be a problem on the Android client. Do i happen again when you manually start sync now? If so, may you please create a bug report log? It should contain any detailed info.

@Diddi
- currently, bottom buttons are limited to max. 5 buttons. Hmm, maybe it may be more "dynamic" based on the device width. I'll look at it. An alternative may be a user-defined number of buttons but hope this won't be necessary.

- change of cache coordinates > this is something balloni55 already reported. You may tap on "edit" of the point/cache and change them here ... for now.

- bug with laggy line ... are you able to simulate this issue again? I do not.

@tapio
"hold map center" >  Oki, make sense, added

@balloni55
- hmm, two forgotten settings. And to my surprise, "Tap on point" works quite well :), so we should keep it, right?
Second, "Point label content" - the top part still makes sense because it is related to small labels above the map. The bottom part with the setup for popup content is no longer valid and should be removed, thanks!

- "must be no log option" in parent cache panel > why this?

- load/unload waypoints > ah, switched conditions, thanks!

@luce
map scale, hmm. Already reported that it does not work best. As I see, you also do not have visible small attribution button next to scale (happens to me as well on older devices). I'll look at it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Diddi

A 6th bottom button would be great.

I'm able to simulate this bug every time.
See link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7zj49jv3z68hhwh/21-01-20-11-49-53.mp4/file

•  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on January 20, 2021, 11:20:35
@Diddi
- currently, bottom buttons are limited to max. 5 buttons. Hmm, maybe it may be more "dynamic" based on the device width. I'll look at it. An alternative may be a user-defined number of buttons but hope this won't be necessary.
I second that it should be somehow dynamic. Depending on device and, that got kinda forgotten at all, landscape mode! Right now, in landscape it's just wasted space. I know, LS is not used that often, but still. At least some of the additional buttons should float to the bottom bar.
  •  

balloni55

Quote- "must be no log option" in parent cache panel > why this?
if, then in the last waypoint or?
but as said a button to create waypoints/projection would be helpful
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

poutnikl

This bothers me for long time.

I do not use "Magnify all maps" and "Text size" zoom setting dialogues very often. But when I do, I always silently curse who have invented it this way ? It must be some 3rd party ready-to-use library, as Menion is otherwise reasonable  :-)

Both have a slider to set the percentual zoom level. That would be good, if reasonable range would not be shrinked to just few millimeters on the very left.

When I set a zoom value, I have to very  carefully try to slide it to the right value.
Or, I could blindly tap until I got the right value.

( I once used otherwise great application, that had the slider so sensitive the former option was not really an option, I had to do  just blind tapping ).

Good 90% of the sliding scale is unused for any reasonable purpose. Could the scale be adjusted to smaller range, or replaced by a numerical field or similar ?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on January 20, 2021, 11:20:35
Hmm, interesting. We see no error on the server so it seems to be a problem on the Android client. Do i happen again when you manually start sync now? If so, may you please create a bug report log? It should contain any detailed info.
@menion I've tried again, exactly same steps, this time OK. Why it is OK now but failed last time, I have no idea sorry. But what causes error #14199?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Just noticed sth unnice in LM4, maybe (probably?) also in LMP:
I started the route planner for an existing track, did some changes, accidentally hit "Back" - changes gone! I first thought "Well, route planner restores previous state", and I clicked "Route planner" in the track's context menu, but that was the wrong idea: Route planner started with existing track, changes were now gone. I later realized I should've started the Route Planner directly, then the previous edit gets restored correctly. But that's less intuitive.
So there needs to be an additional warning, either when leaving the route planner while editing an existing track ("Do you want to discard changes?"), or when starting the route planner with a new track, overwriting an existing session ("There are unsaved changes in route planner. Do you really want to discard these?").
  •  

Menion

@Diddi
ah, I got it, thanks, fixed!

@slarti76
It will be a little dynamic process. I've tested it manually on the emulator and more than 5 buttons + 1 menu looks quite bad. We will see ...

@balloni55
- quick "log in" button in the parent cache panel > you know better than me :). I just expected that this may be useful, but let's remove it. It may be added back later when needed.
- creating a waypoint is a little more complex task than it may look. It is currently tightly connected to the "waypoints" screen. So ... oki, done :)

@poutnik
what is the problem with this slider?  ;D. It jumps with certain steps (10 or 25%) and I found it quite easy to set precise value. It sounds like it does not work as expected. May you post a screenshot where may be visible a problem little bit? Thanks!

@Andrew Heard
now ok ... fine. Error 14199 is the worst that may happen. It is the last step when the app handles some negative states and this says something like: "I really do not know what happen. Server does not respond or I do not understand this answer or there is some problem with data ... sorry, do not know". So it may be a serious problem or it may be just a minor issue in my code. When this happens, it may be useful to create quickly a bug report over the system. There may be some more info ...

@slarti76
hmm, your description of how it works is precise. And a good point.
Asking for "discard" when leaving the planner is not ideal I think. I'll do something with it ... thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi