Locus is killed by the standby mode - Motorola

Started by moshica, December 17, 2020, 13:33:19

moshica

Hi Guys !

I would like to make a reference in link : https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:gps_lost_fix_android6
I bought a few days ago Motorola G8 Power, and when I have set on Energy Saver mode, Locus loses signal and stop recording track.
Motorola has Android v. 10, and I didn't find option for exlusion Locus app to switch off in Energy Saver.
Has anyone idea, how use Locus with Energy Saver turned on ?
  •  

moshica

I try set on the option in path :

setup -> apps & Notification  -> advanced-> special app access -> battery optimization ->all aps-> locus map ->don't optimize

but i have for Locus : battery optimization not available

For some other apps I can change on : don't optimize, but not for Locus

Anybody knows what it hapen with this ?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Hi. I checked this on my wife's Motorola One with Android 10. Apparenttly Locus does not support this option. So I guess your only way out is to switch off all optimisation when recording with Locus and only activate optimisation in average daily (office) use.

Now since I was allready looking at this G9 Power, I have to ask: are you really afraid it won't last long enough because it really has this big 6000 mAh battery.
And sorry for offtopic, but do you own a European model and does it have a compass (since the specs do not mention this)?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

moshica

Hi Henk van der Spek.

Thanks for answer.
Probably Motorola doesn't support this option to switch off as You wrote above.
Model G8 has 5000mAh battery and its enough for normal use, even with Locus app.
I will be must turn of Energy Saver before recording track, unfortunatelly.
The problem will be how to forget about it.
I bought European version in Poland.
Previously, I checked if G8 has a compass, but only information was that she has e-magnetometer.
Don't worry, G8 correctly and fine oriented with direction of the world.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thanks for the info and good luck.
Btw. I was mixing up G8 and G9 power. The G9 is coming but it doen not state the e-compass. I'll wait and see.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

moshica

In my opinion G8 is better choice than G9.
I consciously chosen G8 (better display resolution).

Neoaliphant

G8 much better than G9

i love the telephoto lens

ive justed tested with battery saver
seems fine
but I do have locus running as service and was route recording

the gs service could be hampered by battery saver, so Iwouldnt recommend

how long to you want to use locus for?

moshica

I use it all the time and I will use always ;-)
Why do You ask me about it ?

BTW : I found Your probably post here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcam-mod.4066783/page-3 about gcam in Motorola. Did You installed gcam apk for G8 Power for foto camera ?
  •  

zossebart

I also have this problem on a Sony xz1 compact with Android 10 (lineageos). Recording is interrupted as soon as display is off. I also see "optimization not available" for locus map. however, for lm4 beta, "not optimized" is available (haven't checked if it helps with my problem, though). Is there a difference in implementation?
as a workaround, I disable battery optimization while using locus for now.

Gesendet von meinem G8441 mit Tapatalk

•  

Neoaliphant

meant for how many hours at a time do you want to use GPS

ie is for a 4 hour hike?
or is it more liek 24 hours.
only got phone in september so havent used it out much.

in normal every day use i often find the G8 lasts about 3-4 days between recharging.

Yes that was my post about Gcam,    i find the lens on G8power great, especiallycompared to otehr budget phones
did a test compared to 64mp on xiaomi note 9 pro, and found G8 to be better, especially using zoom.

the gcam app I only really use for night mode and astrophotography.  the stock camera app seems better for otehr modes.

the G9 power doesnt look as good- no telephoto.

might get motorola zoom one v2 if one comes out.  telephoto, standard and wide angle all in one phone is great for outdoors use.

Quote from: moshica on December 18, 2020, 20:43:18
I use it all the time and I will use always ;-)
Why do You ask me about it ?

BTW : I found Your probably post here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcam-mod.4066783/page-3 about gcam in Motorola. Did You installed gcam apk for G8 Power for foto camera ?
  •  

moshica

@Zossebart, if this function "not optimized" is available for Locus v4, it'mean that Locus stearing this feature in android v10. Strange, but if it's true, we must wait for this version as final, not beta.
@Neoaliphant, I recharging my G8 average by 5 to 6 days. But as target I will be trekking by the 14h per day even in mountain summer. My old Samsung S4 almost is dead and i have must recharge them even 3x per a day. Now I'm prejudiced for to problem with recharging phones😀
I have yet question to You. What kind of gcam version You propose and from a safe source ?
  •  

Neoaliphant

14hrs a day gps for multiple days is too much for just the internal battery of smartphone

I would advise a few battery packs like
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VOOE-solar-power-bank/dp/B07V7XSVBJ/ref=sr_1_23?crid=3MZMKUCNUOYIG&dchild=1&keywords=solar+battery+charger&qid=1608661551&quartzVehicle=29-405&replacementKeywords=solar+battery&sprefix=solar+battery%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-23

i suspect its the battery saver causing issues as it will kill a lot of services to eek out a bit more battery

Im currently using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.0.apk
which i got from
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1485/
get the config to go with motoG8 power as well

the telephoto on G8 is great, with digital zoom on the telephoto, im using it like a small monocular, and comparing quality, when using digital zoom, its about the same a my small plastiic clip on 8x monocular due to less lens distortion,    so telephotos on smartphones are great for outdoor use!!
while pizel phones have computational advantage for the end result, i like having good telephoto in the live view.

•  

moshica

Thanx for comment  :D
You wrote ; " get the config to go with motoG8 power as well".
Question : I don't see any config file for Motorola, that config If I understand, can help us configure Gcam ?

•  

Neoaliphant

actually looks like this gcam versions is fine without configs....

•