strange and too many announcements in the navigation

Started by deelite, November 15, 2020, 19:58:49

deelite

Hello,

Today I would like to talk about the topic of navigation announcements.

Basically I am of the opinion that even in the setting with the fewest announcements I get too many useless announcements. Very often the route only makes a slight bend and I get the message that I should turn right or left, although I can only follow the route without turning off. These announcements are completely useless in my eyes, especially since they are actually made permanently. I have attached a screenshot (Picture ...127, I was not really out of GPS point center, only a bit because I screenshotted while cycling).
Then again I come to forks in the road, for which no hints are given to me (Picture ...221).
This confuses me very much and I often curse the navigation with Locus Map.

Do you see a chance to improve this? Other apps are much more quiet and precise. But I do not want to use them.

As an alternative to the announcements I would also like to have the possibility to just give out a short beep that tells me that I have to look at the smartphone. Similar to what bicycle computers do.

I would be happy if this part could be improved in LM.

Best regards, Jan.
  •  

Menion

Hello Jan,
here depends on how the source route was created. It was planned with Locus Map Route planner feature? If not, may you give it a try?

Because if you use some imported GPX or previously recorded track, the app generates navigation commands based on the route shape, not a real situation. Then every possible turn is announced. Your second picture is probably somewhere really close to "what is and what isn't" announced.

Menion
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

deelite

Okay, I understand that. I actually use imported tracks very often, which I usually plan with Komoot. Unfortunately I have to say that Graphhopper and BRouter send me very often over impassable paths in the profile "Bicycle". But maybe this is just a habit by now and I should plan the tracks with LM again to test them.

Thanks for the information!
  •