[APP] - version 3.48.+ ( 28. 8. 2020 )

Started by Menion, August 31, 2020, 16:07:03

joeloc

If you are currently recording a Track an do "a wrong thing" in Settings, your recording is destroyed. I just lost a day because I selected to clear temporary files. Locus wanted.to restart itself but only quit. When I manuallly restarted, the track recording for the whole day was gone.
  •  

Tapio

Empty folders in "Map items" - cannot delete them. It allows to, but the folders stay.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Christian

If you delete a waypoint in a track within the trackmanager the waypoint does not disappear until Locus is restarted. I reported this bug some month ago but it still exists.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
- problem with linked presets is weird. As I see, this option was added in late 2019, so in your backup, this should be saved for sure.
- error message in route planner: thanks, I've created a task for it

@slarti76
complicated description, but clear. Thanks and agree, makes sense of course.

@joeloc
well, what to say. Why you deleted the "cache" directory during recording?  ??? This is really unusual, anyway, I may add a warning in such cases, just for sure. In the "cache" directory is stored currently recorded track that is, later after confirmation, stored into the database.

@tapio
thanks, got it (issue with empty directory in "map items")

@Christian
unfortunately I'm unable to simulate it. This happens also in track, created by the route planner, saved and then immediately edited?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 22, 2020, 22:13:16
@Andrew Heard
- problem with linked presets is weird. As I see, this option was added in late 2019, so in your backup, this should be saved for sure.
@menion - FWIW backup/ restore were both using 3.48; not a restore from an early 2019 backup file. That's OK.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Christian

@Christian
unfortunately I'm unable to simulate it. This happens also in track, created by the route planner, saved and then immediately edited?
To avoid confusion: the problem belongs to waypoints in track details:

And its indepenent of route planner, time or editing.
  •  

joeloc

@joeloc
well, what to say. Why you deleted the "cache" directory during recording?  ??? This is really unusual, anyway, I may add a warning in such cases, just for sure. In the "cache" directory is stored currently recorded track that is, later after confirmation, stored into the database.

Even after many years of Locus, it wasnt obvious to me that anything I change in Settings could destroy a current track. I was just playing around because I was bored. Had no idea "cache" is holding the recording.

I mean... not even a monsterous crash and phone reboot destroys the current track, Locus was always very good at that :).
  •  

poutnikl

Locus did, what it had been told, not what you had really wanted, as any good obedient computer does  :-)

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

balloni55

while track recording,
if i click the blue round + button in recording window > "add point" > save
now i reopen this point > attachement > + > take a photo
i get this  ambiguous warning message althought the photo is stored

BTW:
the naming of "T" has a double date e.g.
T_20201004_131537_Punkt_1_20201004_131805.jpg

naming of "P" is ok
P_Shelter_20201004_095758.jpg
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@joeloc
understand. Well, now you know ... Locus Map during recording store all data "immediately" into the cache directory and only in the moment, you tap "save", the whole track is saved directly into the database.

@balloni55
and it's the same reason as I wrote above to joeloc. The message is correct but does not make too much sense here. To be true, I'm surprised that editing of waypoints of the current recorded track is possible ... and works. To be true, this is more than an untested/forgotten feature and intent :).
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Will there be a 3.49.xx topic? I really like to read about the changes before installing/updating/  or am I the only one who does not do automatic updates. Espescially never before a hiking holiday!
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13

Menion

There were some unexpected troubles with publishing at end of the week (Google declined a new version due to already fixed security problems). And thanks to this, I've completely forgotten to publish news ... thanks, fixed: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7138 ;).