New style: FzOAM

Started by KillerBG, June 27, 2020, 17:44:03

KillerBG

Hello, fellow walkers, runners, bikers, hikers and mountaineers!

While searching for the best map and theme source I've found two great projects:
1. OpenAndroMaps is already a huge one, with well tuned maps and many themes (Thank You!).
Unfortunately in my opinion, none of them was easy to read and/or detailed enough.
2. Freizeitkarte on the other hand isn't that widespread, but is an impressive project (Thank You!).
It is far more detailed and has really good themes.
The only major flaw was that the theme details appear too late when zooming.

I wasn't brave enough to tune the zoom level for every detail,
but tried adding the useful landscape details to the feature rich Elements theme for OAM.
Most of the textures are directly borrowed or heavily inspired of FZK.
The documents and key file are slightly tuned accordingly.
I am providing the result if anyone finds it useful.
I don't have the time and talent to support and develop the new theme.
If someone decides to adopt it, I will be very happy!
Until then I hope You enjoy it.

Happy journeying everyone!

Saturo

Your theme looks very good.
I was waiting for theme that is nearer on the freizeitkarte theme for a long time.
I will use it for hiking and cycling on my future trips.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Wow, great contrast. I will use it on our hike tomorrow and report afterwards.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Armor_2 met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Tapio

Interesting, always wanted a more friendly green in an OSM like theme. Will test.

Can you offer a Multi view like Voluntary UK has? Ie, it would include  hiking, cycling and mountainbiking at the same time. In hiking, I sometimes avoid mountainbike routes, so it's helpful to see them.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thank you again Killer BG. After three full days of hiking I never switched back. And after one day my wife asked me to install your theme on her motorola one also.
We both love the contrast on sunny days and the more pronounced differences between say woods, heath and farmland.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

FriedelXT

hmm....its not working on my maps. original locus maps
The content of FzOAM Folder also looks different to another themes folder.
What can I do?
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: FriedelXT on August 04, 2020, 08:20:07
hmm....its not working on my maps. original locus maps
The content of FzOAM Folder also looks different to another themes folder.
What can I do?
I have checked FzAOM theme in LocusMap v4 beta and it is listed among available themes for Mapsforge V4 compatible maps only( OpenAndroMaps ), not for V3 maps ( LoMaps ). Themes for V3 andV4 maps are not compatible, authors have to make v3 and v4 versions.

So to use this theme, it seems you have to get some V4 maps.

FriedelXT

Thanks,
now I have it.
Very nice look what I see on the first miniutes
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thanks once more KillerBG. After three weeks in Gran Paradiso with a lot of sunlight, your theme is definitely going to stay with us. First choice!!!
  •  

Saturo

Same here. ¡Me gusta mucho!
  •  

Magellan

In December 2021, OpenAndroMaps switched to the new version V5, changed hardware and software, and at the same time improved routes of all kinds, updated marked trails and added new OSMC symbols. To reflect these changes, the marked trails and routes (hiking, MTB, cycling)  FzOAM rendertheme has been updated to version 0.0.2  (now requires OAM V5 maps since January 2022). Also added a translation into Russian of the theme menu.

Further development of the rendertheme will (if any) take place here - https://github.com/IgorMagellan/FzOAM
  •  

arnor

Must the file be unzipped to Themes?
  •  

michaelbechtold

@arnor: since Dec 2021 Locus can handle ZIPed themes, i.e. just drop the ZIP file into the _themes folder. Done.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thanks and installed (as zip). I will give it a try next week on the SuperSkiDolomiti and after that on our normal hiking where it is still our favorite.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Well for skiing I switched to Voluntary V5- because of the ski and sled option. But no worries, we're back home and hiking will start soon.
  •