Author Topic: False turn command after a recalculation.  (Read 527 times)

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: THL4000 CM12.1 (A5.1.1) SM-T235 (A5.1.1) MI A2 Lite (A9)
False turn command after a recalculation.
« on: June 18, 2020, 11:03:23 »
I do report an issue when using track(route) navigation and after a detour by a recalculation rejoining the original source track(route).When the recalculated track(route) rejoins the original source track(route) an original existing (by coming from another direction now is  false) command turn instruction is used.

Mode: Autorecalculate by Route Priority !  How to prevent ?
When rejoining the original track(route) Locus_Brouter should always attach a correct NEW turn instruction by Left Right or even Straight at the rejoin point. If the original source track(route) already contains a (now false) turn command,  this existing command should be replaced by the new turn command.

Example in video.  https://youtu.be/VJxZbnpulOc
Find a false instruction >  go to 12 ' into the video.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 19:47:45 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
  • Device: Xiaomi MI A2 (6G/128G) / A10 / LM3 Pro + LM4 alpha
Re: False turn command after a recalculation.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 13:40:13 »
@0709 this may be closely related to "never put shaping point on the junctions/crossing".  I suppose LocusMap may  ask BRouter to calculate route segment from the current "lost" position to an accidentally  chosen junction where it reconnect to the route and that is the stumble stone - no hints for destinations.

It could be good if LocusMap evaluated the reconnection candidate points from those route trackpoints that are not the hintpoints of the original route. Then it would check the point where the reconnection route joins the original route and after passing it, it wuold switch to the original route.

https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki
When a user digs profiles up from the GitHub repositories,
they will be hopefully wrapped in some wiki knowledge....  :-)
Try also https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Determining-optimal-bicycle-profile

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 19:58:03 »
Hi Libor.
I've read your text several times, not sure how to understand all this. I surrender,  don't know ;-)

What I do know is that it might have something to do with a topic we raised last year and then paused. In that topic Menion clearly says that he does not generate commands at track(route) meeting join points. So if there is an existing false one, it will not be removed too.

When speeding up (36 kmh E- bikes) out of track navigation changes by Locus are retarded by the hardcoded 30 sec tact generated autorecalculate trigger. Updated instructions are (too) late.
(24kmh = +200 m & 36kmh = +300 meter)[/i]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 22:06:05 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline jonny.blue

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Galaxy S10e
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 21:21:30 »
I run into this problem several times too ... and it would be not so bad if it could be solved.

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 19:06:41 »
Hi Libor.
I've read your text several times, not sure how to understand all this. I surrender,  don't know ;-)

I mean this:  Locus would ask BRouter to calculate the return to the route not to the joining point, but to a nearby point further along the original route.

The joining point would be no more the destination point for BRouter and BRouter would generate the updated hint for the joining point.

Locus would ignore the original route until it recognizes you are already on the route and then it would switch to the original route from the joining route.

By other words, the joining route end would be spliced(?) together with the original route, so route  switching would not be a sharp point with confused turning hints, but rather an interval between the joining point and the end of the joining route.

Something like what Dutch motorways are used to do - when you join another motorway, you almost do not notice it(at least in 1991). You go in parallel in 1 or 2 lanes for some time, and without noticing, you go along the new motorway.

Well, interesting things can happen, if you lost again before your return. Joining routes can be recursive.  :D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 19:20:17 by poutnikl »
Try also https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Determining-optimal-bicycle-profile

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 07:39:06 »
@ Libor.

If I understand you correctly you say the following.
- The original track = Main track. The new "to be sewn" track = Connection track.
- Meeting Point: Turn Navigation Point + 1 trackpoint, so an existing Main track Turn Navigation Point is always replaced.
- Meeting Point: So would be the next forward Main trackpoint AFTER a B_router street junction position.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:33:23 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 12:05:45 »
@ Libor.

If I understand you correctly you say the following.
- The original track = Main track. The new "to be sewn" track = Connection track.
- Meeting Point: Turn Navigation Point + 1 trackpoint, so an existing Main track Turn Navigation Point is always replaced.
- Meeting Point: So would be the next forward Main trackpoint AFTER a B_router street junction position.

- Meeting Point: = the point the main and connection tracks meet each other, where Navigation Point is to be modified by the router:
      - updated with proper hint, or
      - created ( if not existed before in the case e.g. the major road going straight ahead across the crossing/junction ), or
      - deleted ( if the new geometry does not need a hint, e.g. if the main track has a turn, but the connection track goes straight ahead)

- Connection track end point = any trackpoint of the main track behind the Meeting point, perhaps with some distance threshold ( e.g. at least 100 m.)

LocusMap would switch from the connection track to the main  track AFTER it passes the Meeting point, being on the segment shared by both main and connection track.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 12:28:58 »
The original problem, if I understand correctly, was 180-degree turn after recalculation. This should anyway be already solved. In case of two failed recalculations (app force you to turn back and you ignore it), the app automatically places "NOGO" area after your back so the third recalculation should be always forward.

Problem with incorrect turn instructions is more complicated. To keep Libor terminology ... the meeting point is unknown. App firstly recalculates track to the next target (Route priority = nearest point, Point priority = next via-point) and after that, it compares original and new route and tries to find the correct place, where both routes join = meeting point! The solution to the problem should be to call quick compute of very short route running over this meething point (like -100 back - + 100 m forward) to get valid command directly on the point. I do not see a solution how to do this in single compute.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 13:36:37 »
In case of two failed recalculations (app force you to turn back and you ignore it), the app automatically places "NOGO" area after your back so the third recalculation should be always forward.
This therefore responds far too slowly. If you move quickly, good alternatives have often already been missed and passed.

The Proposal.
When there is the out of track alert trigger, at this position create automatically a temporary nogo zone. The user in the center of that zone, anyway decides for a return or he continues. Crossing the nogo zone border than triggers a recalculation and so instantly you get an updated (alternative) route in both cases, and than the nogo zone is removed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 22:13:45 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline poutnikl

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
    • My Brouter Profiles
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 19:17:18 »
The original problem, if I understand correctly, was 180-degree turn after recalculation. This should anyway be already solved. In case of two failed recalculations (app force you to turn back and you ignore it), the app automatically places "NOGO" area after your back so the third recalculation should be always forward.

What happens after the nogo placement in the case the forward way is not possible ( blind or forbidden way), so BRouter returns the routing failure ? Will LocusMap insist on the 180-degree turn, or will it fail as well ?

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 23:46:22 »
I tested by out of track alert distance @ 60 m.
nogo area @ 60 m by R 25 m and auto recalculate distance @ 90 m.
Enter dead end street and test. Result: No new route > Shows Guiding line.

***NEW***
What about a combined SET Alert distance AND auto recalculate trigger distance ? 

Example
Alert Distance: SET 60 m.
Autorecalculate: SET. (Route or Point priority)

1. Go Out of track > @ 60 m Triggers the Alert Sound AND Create 60 m Diameter nogo zone.
2. User is inside the nogo zone > Escape OUT of the nogo zone in either direction.
3. Crossing the nogo zone border > triggers recalculation AND than delete nogo.

By the nogo zone cross border recalculate trigger.
"Do not have to wait wait wait the 30 sec auto recalculate trigger updates"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 22:10:55 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 16:48:43 »
By virtual simulation.

Test Route Priority.
Speed 18kmh. Out of track alert @ 60 m &  Autorecalculate @ 90 m.

Autorecalculate by actual Locus version 3.46.2
See video: https://youtu.be/S-_taNXX3eo
(Forgot to record the sound)
From missed turn to stable forward alternative rerouted path takes nearly 6 minutes !

Autorecalculate by actual Locus and Nogo zone (static TEST !)
See video: https://youtu.be/EJyFDcBdZKA
First time right !
From missed turn to stable forward alternative rerouted path takes 20 seconds only !
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 19:49:31 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 08:25:41 »
Hello Willy,
I've watched carefully your both videos and not sure what it says. Because there is some kind of tiny road next to your main south road, recalculation always tries to use this, as the shortest path ... instead of the big detour. Placing of NOGO right after cross solved this. I can't imagine this may be done automatically.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 16:03:55 »
Manual simulation see video example. 

Alert distance in video example set = 50 m and the nogo zone has equal diameter.
Faster speed = Set larger alert distances !

Monitor by the distance circles !

- Scenario AWhen out of track alert is triggered you CONTINUE into the false direction !

1. Forward alternative roads are available.
https://youtu.be/xymVXMn8fA8

After 50 m the out of track alert is triggered and create nogo > CONTINUE > CROSSING the nogo border triggers recalculation > alternative route available > remove nogo > navigate the alternative route.

2. Dead end street ! No forward alternative roads are available.

After 50 m the out of track alert is triggered and create nogo  > CONTINUE > CROSSING the nogo border triggers recalculation > no alternative route available > remove nogo > navigate will reconnect (guide) to the lost route.

- Scenario BWhen out of track alert is triggered you do RETURN !

After 50 m the out of track alert is triggered and create nogo  > RETURN > CROSSING the nogo border triggers recalculation > route update available > remove nogo > navigate the updated route.

Remark.
- recalculate by selection: none or route or point priority.
- nogo: a temporary short live nogo.
Create or remove the nogo should NOT trigger a recalculate !
Only CROSSING the nogo zone border outwards should trigger recalculate.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 21:41:40 by 0709 »
Locus Pro 3.46.2