Main Menu

Zoom Level

Started by Yahp, June 11, 2011, 16:16:37

Yahp

Hi,

and just once more: thanks for Locus :)

What do you think of the following idea.
It should be possible to increase zoom level beyond available tiles (in offline mode) by some kind of digital zoom of last available tiles. (Say, if you got level 21 only and increase zoom you end up in the grey) I don't see why this cannot be done, image resolution is not that bad to go at least another one or two levels up. That would certainly increase usability especially if using lots of POIs (such as geocaches). It's not the same as the optional double scaling that is configurable, but active at all zoom levels.

Furthermore I would find it conveniant to be able to increase zoom level without tiles (that is, in the grey) more than one level beyond available tiles. I know one could switch to "blank" map, but thats somewhat bulky to use.

Give it a thought ;)

Thanks and best regards, yahp
  •  

Menion

you mean similar functionality as "Lock button"? (second on bottom panel from right)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

Hi Menion,

yes, something like that ;) This works quite well, thought somehow this button would be doing something completely different... Thanks for the hint.

Best regards, yahp
  •  

Menion

don't understand. Is this what you wanted or you want "something completely different"? :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Yahp

Hi Menion,

yes that's exactly the thing. I just meant, that I didn't know that this button was working this way (just assumed it would do something else) You could just say RTFM to me in this particular case ;)

Thanks and best regards
  •