Locking overzoom

Started by dibrial, December 23, 2010, 19:58:07

dibrial

I would like to see an option to lock the pinch zoom when overzooming on max. zoom level
 When near a point sometimes the zoom isn't large enough.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  did you tried lock button on bottom panel (lock symbol). This lock actual layer and you should zoom inside one zoom layer. This zoom not work with pinch zoom but currently only with normal plus/minus buttons.

is this what you're looking for?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dibrial

Hi Menion,

That's what I was looking for. Mostly I only use pinch to zoom without the lock, so that's why I missed the function.
I would be nice if this function would function with pinch zoom, but using the normal zoom is also satisfying for me.
  •  

Menion

seems to be ideal to use pinch zoom also on this ... later this will work too ;)

nice christmas
  •  

cseu

I'm using this function but actually there is something i don't get... it's possible to zoom in but it's not possible to zoom out... i am missing something or is this feature not implemented ? In this case that would be great to be able to zoom out with the layer locked (sometimes 25k topo maps are digitalized to a 15-10k scale and it's not really easy to get the big picture as such a close level on a small screen.
Thanks.
  •  

Menion

This is not actually allowed. There is simple reason. Big disadvantage of maps on android device is memory limitation. If you use too much points on map at once (around cca 30k) together with big screen may lead to "Out of memory" error. When you zoom out with locked screen, this may lead to same problem, because map is bigger and I need to hold in memory more maps. I can allow zoom out with locked screen for a one step, but no more. I really don't want to listen - app crash everytime I zoom out with locked map :)
  •  

cseu

I understand about the memory problem. One step would be good enough, i would make some 25k topo maps appear to their actual scale... if it's not that much trouble to implement, that would be neat. Thanks!
  •  

Menion

nono no problem, just one number. It's there, will be in today afternoon (for me, I have actually 10 o'clock morning) testing version ...
  •  

cseu

I've just seen you've implemented the one step zoom out ! That's brilliant, thanks a lot.
Cheers.
  •