Track preview picture in track statistic sharing doesn't work anymore

Started by idk, May 21, 2020, 21:56:17

idk

Hello,

I've had the problem for month and tried not to bother about it. But it bothers me more and more.

When I record any track and want to share it with the track statistics it is always rendered partially white. It isn't specific to a region in my vector map (from openandromaps). I can go wherever I want, about half the preview picture is always white. I've tried a newer version of the vectormap (of the whole of Germany). I've tried it in different countries (with other vector maps). Always the same issue.

I've been using it for many many years without a problem.

I've attached a screenshot showing the issue.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
it may be more complicated then it looks. App tries to find best map that covers area of your track and what you see, may be result of incorrect detection of map coverage. In case of other than LoMaps, it is a little more complicates, because other maps do not have been correctly defined.

May you share with me some track that has this problem for first quick check? Thanks.

You may also check if "Vector maps auto-loading" settings have any effect here.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

idk

Hello Menion,

thank you for your response. I've attached the track to this post. But as I say, it has nothing to do with this specific track.
  •  

idk

Different track, same issue. I have the problem with every track I have. It hasn't always been like this but I can't point to a specific point when it started.

I could only try if I even have it when the track is very very short.

I disabled auto loading of vector maps and it doesn't change anything.
  •  

idk

I went through my files and for example for this ancient track from 2011 it doesn't show anything.

Normally I'm using the openandromaps vector map for the whole of Germany. I just tried it with the one only for the specific region. Doesn't change anything.
  •  

Menion

Thanks for tests. May you then please tell me also which vector map from OAM you used (except whole Germany map)? Thanks
  •  

idk

The tracks I attached are all in "Saarland" or "Rheinland-Pfalz" (2 bordering regions in Germany where I live right on the border)
  •  

poutnikl

It may, or may not be related, but I have found something interesting:

I follow the OAM map folder structure, putting European maps + POI db to mapsVector/europe folder, and Germany ones to dedicated mapsVector/germany folder. ( all files the latest ones )

While selecting in LM4 beta the POI DB file,  I have noticed it does not show specifically Saarland and Rheinland-Pfalz DB files among Germany folder files, but among Europe files with note Germany, even if they are in Germany folder. ( all after prior cache clearing and restart ).

Choice of the maps themselves is for both LM3 and LM4 beta correct, they are among Germany maps.

I wonder if Locus perhaps fails to consider the above 2 maps for the area of interest ? If it is just coincidence, then interesting one.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

idk

Thank you a lot for your effort, guys. But the issue is solved. I just deleted my whole vector maps folder and let Locus create a new one, put any of the openandromaps files inside and it works again.

I have no idea what the conflict might have been, there were no overlapping areas in the file (to my knowledge except for the experiment trying it with the separate Saarland and Rheinland-Pfalz file).

But all the other vector maps from areas I barely visit (only during vacation or while flying over them by plane) have been outdated for a long time and I'll just update it.
  •  

Menion

Hmm solved, oki.

Quick explanation: OAM maps (generally any non-LoMaps) has a very very weak definition of its coverage > only bounding rectangle!! So it is very easy to have recorded track in empty space of any map. App search for maps in two steps: first is to get all maps sorted by "distance" and then try to find first will coverage for the required area.

@poutnikl
I think this won't be connected. List in LoPoints is not too clever and this is result, that's all :).
  •