Locus shuts down when in background

Started by radobyl, May 14, 2020, 20:36:45

radobyl

It happens for a while (maybe since the update to android 10), that locus shuts down, even as a system app without any energy saving level, when i switch to another app. It happens mostly with the camera app, when i forget to go back to locus, but any other app too. It is not that Locus crashes, it happens only, when the phones screen is out and another app is in the foreground. It would not happen, when i use another app and go back to Locus afterwards.
In the past, every thing worked well. When i record a route now, it interrupts the routing.
It is a Xiaomi Pocophone with 6gb RAM and 128GB Drivespace of which nearly one half is free.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Have you tried to run Locus as a service ? This is in the settings somewhere.
  •  

radobyl

Yes, of course. Thats what i do since 2011, but it does not help anymore  :-\. I hoped i am not the only one with this problem and i only missed the solution...
  •  

poutnikl

I have Xiaomi MI A2 6/128 GB  ( Android One ) with A10, did not have any such a problem.

Some Xiaomi devices ( or their MIUI features ? ) had been reported as using some device specific aggressive shut down of background applications.

I would check if it was somehow (re)activatedby Android upgrade.

I remember Locus reportedly took some countermeasures, but perhaps these may need am update for Xiaomi with A10.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

michaelbechtold

I had a similar problem with my Huawei tablet M5. They have an Android setting, that exempts apps you select from the aggressive shutdown that Huawei also implemented. Maybe your Xiamoi offers a similar setting option. I think teh Huawei has it in settings - battery - apps or so.
  •  

silber1

I use a Samsung S10 with Android 10. When using my Samsung Flipcover, S10 seems to go into background and all Locuswork and intern GPS closes down. When using an extern BT-Gps-mouse all is ok.
Any idea using intern GPS with clothes flip-cover ?
  •