[APP] - version 3.44.+ ( 20. 2. 2020 )

Started by Menion, February 21, 2020, 15:43:24

zossebart

Quote from: menion on April 06, 2020, 08:22:52
Btw. no feedback from anyone on this: now, every profile has own value for parameters, they are not shared across all of them. There was a discussion a long time ago about this, and I finally feel, that this may be more useful, mainly because more and more parameters come into play.

Definitely a reasonable change! As different profiles can have different sets of parameters, saving the settings globally makes no sense (anymore).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

Quote from: poutnikl on April 07, 2020, 07:23:54
All 3 switches are present for me for my old car profiles, like in then my favourite Car-FastEco-Tollfree from 2017, in both last Pro and LM alpha.
( It had defaulted to no toll in case switches were not available )

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk
The old car profiles have the Locus switches set to "0" whereas the new Brouter package has "false". That makes the difference.

Edit: Also, apologies, on retrying the "trekking dry" profile that @poutnikl  uploaded a day or two ago, I _do_ get the two options. I don't know what I did wrong before.
Edit 2: ... But the profile doesn't work with Brouter 1.6.1 - orange toast complains about remote.brf.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@0709
I think we had discussion about "the first point as via", right? I'm not sure if this is a good idea, because it may block you like "strict" navigation on the first point.

---

Ah "0" vs "false", nice :). Currently, only 0/1 is supported. I think it may be improved, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

poutnikl

I confirm the new Arndt's car profiles do have switches present if the switch defaults within the  profile are changed from false to 0.

In fact I did know it, noticing this issue earlier, when I was playing with generating car variants from Arndt's profiles, or combining my dry/wet bicycle profile variants into a single profile via my Linux/bash script on Android/termux.

But I have completely forgot about that.

There were originally available just 0/1 values for BRouter profile logical expressions. True/false values were implemented later and are currently preferred in newer profiles for explicit clarity. So it would definitely good to support them.

Note that uploaded Trekking-dry does work on BRouter 1.6.1, I use it all the time, exactly the copy I have provided.

john_percy

@poutnikl
After exhaustive tests I've discovered that I lost the line endings on your trekking-dry profile. Corrected that, navigation now works!
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: john_percy on April 08, 2020, 20:13:01After exhaustive tests I've discovered that I lost the line endings on your trekking-dry profile. Corrected that, navigation now works!
What did you correct? If there's some kind of trouble maker in that code, I am interested in it. Because many of my profiles are derivates of Poutnikls.
EDIT, ah, that true/false 1/0 thing? Indeed, my profiles are full of true/false.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

@poutnikl
When I tried to download from your link direct to my phone I got the profile displayed in a browser window. I selected all, copied and pasted into a blank document. That lost all the line endings.
After uninstalling and reinstalling Brouter and Locus I downloaded the profile again (correctly this time) and it worked.

•  

Menion

Problems with BRouter profiles (0 vs false) should be fixed in recent Beta published on Google Play (or also in Locus Map 4 Alpha).
  •  

poutnikl

Thanks for true/false update.

Should Google Play still offer to update LM beta/free even if I have uninstalled it  a week or 2 ago and installed LM4 alpha(as I understood these cannot stay together )?

I once did not pay attention, confirmed update and the LM free/beta overwrote the LM4 alpha.

I understand LM4 will be a successor of LM free and LM Classic of the LM pro. But, would not it better for alpha e.g. to have higher version number for  the GP not to try to overwrite it ?

Or, have I explicitly unsubscribe from LM beta tester program ?

Menion

It is a little complicated and not always united (version numbers).

Anyway, I've just today published firstly Locus Map Free Beta on the Google Play and then Locus Map 4 Alpha here on the forum (so it has all fixes/changes of Beta as well).

Both versions have now the same version number, so if you installed LM4 Alpha, Beta should not overwrite it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: tramp20

Tapio

In the Alpha, in route planner, track length is always shown correctly. In stable, always the length of a straight line is reported. So that is fixed? Just recognised it... Brouter profiles are in data/brouter, in both stable and alpha.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

It was fixed for LM4 alpha and LM3 beta. Stable LM3 free/pro have the bug yet, in my understanding.

balloni55

Size of arrows in "guide to" line are smaler/with other geometry since last?? update
With LM4 they lock as usual
Setting in both cases are 200pix
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
Isn't it better now? :). What you see in LM Pro is incorrect result of too-long usage of Locus Map where some parameters incorrectly scaled. I've also moved the setup of the shape of this arrow into Expert settings, so you may modify it (even back to your LM Pro style, I may help with it).
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI've also moved the setup of the shape of this arrow into Expert settings, so you may modify it
thanks, i´ll wait for the next update

another small issue
settings window of geocoded photos
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •