[APP] - version 3.44.+ ( 20. 2. 2020 )

Started by Menion, February 21, 2020, 15:43:24

poutnikl

You may be right.

Similarly as there must be conditions when the route planner calculate stats properly as the route, and when just as a straight bee-line.

Perhaps is it related after all.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Tapio

Got it. When I change the profile setting while in planning mode, then it only saves start and ending green point.
EDIT. Hmmm. No, may also be the use of specific profiles. It loves to forget my points...
EDIT2: No. I have no clue why it happens.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

I have tried not to touch navigation settings at all after launching the planner, but the same bee-line stats for Austria as before.

Perhaps it got itself infected in AT.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on March 27, 2020, 02:05:03
The Route planner in the PRO Release 3.44.3 is  reporting a straight line stats in spite of the route segment being calculated by the BRouter. I do not remember such a behaviour before.
@poutnikl - from my testing in Australia, all appears OK.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

It seems I am tracking the stats issue down..

I was playing with the planner, having set the start and setting/unsetting the shaping point in various directions and distances.

I have noticed that at the moment I set the shaping point, it often, but not always, immediately displays straight line statistics bar when the route computation begins. But it seems does not affect the issue occurance, that happen in both cases.

But I have also realized, that for the particular direction and distance, the issue REPRODUCIBLY occurs above a critical straight distance, but does not occur below  a critical distance.

For short enough segments, the stats reproducibly displays ( or updates itself to ) the true route stats.

For long enough segments, the stats reproducibly  display ( or remain )  the straight line stats.

The critical straight distance value varies for my device and region typically between 70-90 km,  so it may be related rather to the route computation time. For sparse road network it may be more.

If I add a short segment after the segment with wrong stats, it correctly updates the 1st segment partial stats for the totals. So e.g if I add 10 km long segment after (straight ) 100 km segment with wrong stats, the total distance stats may jump by e.g. 40 km.

So the work around is, after adding a long route segment, add ( and remove if not needed) a short segment to be sure stats are OK.

Menion

Libor, thanks for the investigation. You are correct, I've found one parameter that has an influence on this and that caused, that tracks above around 100km were not correctly refreshed after the calculation is done. Thanks for the big help in discovering reason for this and sorry for extra work.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

poutnikl

I'm glad I could help. :-)

slarti76

Quote from: menion on March 22, 2020, 09:53:16
@slarti76
missing section: hmm good observation. It seems to be a problem not directly in my code. I'll have to do something with it, thanks.
Confirmed working in latest beta.Just a tiny thing: At the bottom, a section "Various" is always shown, even if there are no icons. As far as i remember, this section, this was for icons that didn't have their own section.
  •  

poutnikl

I am not sure, but I have thought LocusMap Pro currently supports in-profile switches in external original (Arndt ) Brouter car-fast/eco profiles.

It does supports switches of Locus internal car profiles ( I guess  my obsolete ones ), and my external bike profiles,

but does not support new kinematic BRouter car profiles.

Unless I have broken something, playing with the last alpha of LM4.

Tapio

I must say the route planner seems to be seriously broken. I created a track with it. Just entered it, did not change the routing profile, added those green points, saved. Then tapped the saved track, "Route planner", see screenshot. Only 2 points. I use the latest beta.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Navigation with Via points problems

I did a bike roundtrip around a lake today. Locus 3.44.3 (beta not installed on that phone). I wanted to use Locus navigation, so at the starting point, I opened navigation, chose 3 via points to get me nicely around the lake, started navigation. Route looked good, but only for a few seconds, then suddenly it was only a few meters from here to the destination point. Obviously Locus recalculated and forgot the via points!
I checked the settings, got "Point priority" turned on.
Next I tried to plan the route in the Route Planner first, saved it, right-clicked on it and chose "Navigation". Same behaviour: Looks good for a few seconds, then Locus recalculated and the route was gone.

Another thing that happened during the trip:
Several times Locus just suddenly paused my recording! I couldn't see any obvious reason for it. Granted, another app was in foreground, but I did this many times before and never was a problem. Battery saving is off for Locus (and anyway, Locus was still running, just the recording paused).
Only thing that was different is that navigation was running, too (usually, when navigating, I have Locus in foreground). Perhaps a recalculation caused Locus to paused recording?

Edit: Additional Question:
Is there a way to, after starting the navigation, get to the list of via points again? Or start a new navigation with the same via points? I might be overlooking something, or that is part of the navigation improvements planned for LM4?
  •  

poutnikl

There is important to point out, that shaping points ( green triangles ) are not considered as viapoints ( blue squares ) in context of point priority route recalculation. Or, alternatively, they may be considered as  non mandatory 2nd class viapoints.

Shaping points serve for tweaking the route between the true mandatory viapoints ( including the implicit viapoint  destination ), but play no role in navigation along the route nor in route recalculation.

If route recalculation is manually or automatically triggered and if point priority route recalculation is set, then Locus Map calculates the route to next viapoint or to destination, if no next intermediate viapoint is set.

If destination happens to be just next to the start for round trips, and if no viapoint is set, just shaping points, then route recalculation by design finds just trivial shortcut route to destination, completely ignoring shaping points. Therefore, a round trip combined with point priority and shaping points is not the best idea.

If viapoints are set instead of some or all shaping points ( manually converted from shaping point, or set so automatically by planner settings ), then recalculation modifies route just toward the nearest viapoint or destination.

Menion

@slarti76
"Various" label > ah, thanks, fixed

Navigation problems:
- what you describe in the first paragraph: Locus works correctly.
"Point priority" search for next defined "Via point", which most probably was your destination. To have real via-points, you need a "blue rectangle" in route planner ( https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning#add_via_points ).
For the round trips, I highly recommend "Route priority", that tries to stick you on the planned route.

EDIT: ah, just correctly commented by @pountikl, thanks!

Paused track recording
Never ever happen to me, do not know. Anyway Locus itself definitely does nothing like this. Isn't there any tasker you use for example that may do this? In case of any battery optimization when the system kill Locus completely, navigation will stop.

Additional question:
If you planned route in Route planner, you may simply open Route planner over specific route > context menu > Route planner. If you use "Navigate to" function, then exactly what you need is not possible, good point.

@poutnikl
not sure what exactly is a problem. In Locus BRouter settings screen is at the top, switch that change between internal profiles (yes, your older profiles or some user-defined) and profiles included in the BRouter itself.

@tapio
I'm playing with restoring previously planner route and for me, it works correctly. Are you able to create a  short video (nice tool for this). Thanks.

@0709
good testing conditions with a vine  :D
  •  

CabrioTourer42

Sorry for missing something.
In version history I saw the point "Map content panel available in the Route planner". This sounds like a feature I missed some times.
I see no changes in Route planner and no option to enable/extend something which might be such a feature.
What does this mean?
  •  

Menion

Ah, sorry, this is news for Locus Map 4, not for the regular version.

EDIT: back, it's correctly only in LM4 Alpha version, isn't it? There should be a small icon directly above the centering button in the route planner.
  •