Started by Menion, February 21, 2020, 15:43:24

Menion

Important links
- blog post about major version
- list of news of public versions

Versions
20. 2. 2020 - Locus 3.44.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Tom on February 20, 2020, 20:37:20
Hi Menion,

since I installed the beta 3.44.0RC3 my hardware buttons no longer work (in both the beta and the pro version). I guess that it is related to the move of the settings from the config file to the expert settings. I understand that the pro version can not work any longer, because the related section from the config file was removed. But the beta version should have the correct settings. At least I can see my hardware key definitions there (e.g. 46|96 for map center). However the key code 96 is not accepted. Any idea?

BR Tom

Hi Tom,
I've tried to move your topic to new post, but no success so at least added as "quote" above.

Suggest to check settings > Controlling > Map screen > Use hardware controllers ... is this enabled?
  •  

Tom

Quote from: menion on February 21, 2020, 15:47:34
Suggest to check settings > Controlling > Map screen > Use hardware controllers ... is this enabled?
You are right. In my beta the Use hardware controllers was disabled. So, the beta is working now again. Thanks for the hint.
  •  

Andrew Heard

It is no longer possible to have 4 function buttons in the top panel in Pro or Beta. Not sure how long ago this changed. settings > Controlling > Panels > Set function panels: 3 items in Top Panel list. Now drag item (button) from Right Panel list up to Top Panel list. Drag is refused & item is returned to Right Panel list. For me this means less effective use of the top panel. I guess in V4 this panel will be gone anyway which is a shame for view-only/ less commonly tapped items.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
in the recent version is a smaller change in the size of buttons that has an effect > there is not enough space for 4 buttons on your device. Anyway, this change will be reverted in the next bug-fix version.
  •  

flyingman_ch

Many problems with the current version 3.44.0
When I display points from a folder on the map and switch on the live map at the same time, when I click on a point, it no longer shows me which one of them is stored in the folder and which one affects the live map.
When importing a cache, it no longer shows me how many points are already stored in the folder when I select a folder.
If I have logged a cache, Locus will exit when I click the Back button.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on February 24, 2020, 13:02:38
@Andrew Heard
there is not enough space for 4 buttons on your device
@menion - thanks - there was/ is enough space! You can see from my screen capture I used to have 5 buttons across the top. For me function button(s) are a better use of this space than the info panel.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@flyingman_ch
thanks very much for reported bugs. The problem with a missing number of items in folders will be fixed in the next version (this week).

Unfortunately, I'm unable to simulate this "If I have logged a cache, Locus will exit when I click the Back button." problem. Does it happen with every cache you log? Immediately after you confirm the log?

@Andrew Heard
you will see in the next version if the change I made today helps. Anyway, you may agree that it looks really weird when you completely "covered" info panel with buttons :). Fortunately for you, in LM4 this won't happen :).

balloni55

two new problems since the last update
1. from time to time the path to the vector maps which are on the external SD is missing. >screenshot
The last selected map is displayed, but map or theme change is not possible.
restarting the device solves the problem.

2. backup files of the automatic backup have a different size e.g.110 MB to 126 MB
The smaller file does not offer all restore functions and does not work > screenshot

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Dunno if that's new in 3.44.0, but I can't add waypoints to existing tracks in my database any more. When clicking the "+" button I get the input dialog, but after "Save" (or is it "OK"?), nothing happened, the list of waypoints is still empty. Tried with several tracks, doesn't seem to be related to something specific.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
these are really interesting problems. I'm quite sure, they are not related to the recent version, but just by accident, both appeared now. Quite complicated to solve without knowing how to simulate it. I'll be more carefully watching this.

Both are somehow related to work with the file-system, which is something I have to start work on as soon as possible (because of some breaking changes that unfortunately comes with Android 11 this year).

@slarti76
thanks, I got it. Bug-fix version is just in preparation ....
  •  

Tapio

Thx for the update. Lovely toolbar size is back  :).
Excessive word wrapping in cities, see attachment. Idk if it is because of VolUK theme or Locus. Edit: after a Locus restart not happening any more, weird. I think I have seen that behaviour some time ago.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

@tapio There's nothing in the Voluntary themes that controls text splitting. I too have seen this behaviour some time ago and it appears to be something in MF4 rendering. MF4 does have the ability to split long text across multiple lines but it doesn't seem to happen in Locus, except very occasionally and usually incorrectly.

See https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6679.msg57254.msg#57254
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Decreasing icons in the latest version has led to an unexpected phenomenon. Instead of the three icons in the top row, I now have four. See scr. Personally, it suits me, just take it for information.
  •  

balloni55

Themes window while using "OpenAndroMap V4"
- 3 icons are grayed
- two of them are duplicates of Elevate and Elements

it is not possible to delete these duplicates after long click on this grayed icon
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •