Please move the 'info' button...

Started by phoneguy100, June 07, 2011, 18:56:06

phoneguy100

Please please move the info button away from the stop button.

It is very easy to walk a route and record it and then press info to see how far you have gone but to accidently hit the stop recording button next to it by mistake.

Maybe swap its place with the 'place button' but please move it.  :D

(my opinions for menion)
bought your app and love it on android.  Been using the awesome trekbuddy for years but this Locus now knocks the socks completely off it and is the best app EVER on android.
loving Locus and the 'smurf' skin works very well indeed for me.
good work Sir!!!!  ;)
  •  

MaleSmurf

What CMS have you used with TrekBuddy???  ;)
  •  

phoneguy100

I used my own custom one that I made, but I had trouble mapping things as not very good at all this.
Why you think it would work on Locus?
I do think your MaleSmurf skin is great though - I use it everyday.
  •  

MaleSmurf

No, the TrekBuddy CMS is complete different to the Locus CS and beside this, the features provided by Locus support much more powerful CS...  ;)  But if you want to make your own CS you have to start from beginning. I had to do the same...  :D
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "phoneguy100"It is very easy to walk a route and record it and then press info to see how far you have gone but to accidently hit the stop recording button next to it by mistake.

Maybe swap its place with the 'place button' but please move it.

I think that would just move the problem. Maybe a confirmation dialog would be better.
  •  

Menion

I have also one idea .. I'll show you realised idea tomorrow ...good night ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

phoneguy100

Yeah rijackson741 - I thnk a confirmation would be perfect, that would be the best solution.

Hey MaleSmurf - it took me all my time to make a basic trekbuddy one - I dont have the brainpower that you have to make my own awesome Locus one.

menion: Lookoing forward to your idea mate.  sleep well.
  •  

MaleSmurf

Well, I never thought that I will spend again a lot of time in a cs after my work with Trekbuddy. But Locus is a such a funtastic software so that I decided to make by contribution to Locus...   ;)
  •  

phoneguy100

menion,
sorry to ask again and sorry to interupt the other great work you are doing on this AMAZING app... but did you have any thoughts on the problem that the info button is too near the stop button please?
Cheers  :D
  •  

Menion

did you tried last test version?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

phoneguy100

Just tested is menion.
Great idea with the stop button.
Looking forward to it in the pro version.

Many thanks.  :-)
  •