Track recording interrupts arbitrarily

Started by WilfriedB, December 20, 2019, 15:55:43

WilfriedB

Recently, i.e. since December 6, 2019, track logging stops recording at some points in time and resumes again after a while (43 minutes in my sample screen shot). Initially I believed, the phone lost the GPS signal, but a Holux logger did log the track correctly at the same time.
I am using Locus Version 3.42.0 under Android 9 on a Samsung SM-A505FN Firmware: PPR1.180610.011.A505FNXXS2ASK1
thanks
Wilfried
  •  

c.s.g.

Here you can find the necessarry settings in Locus.
And here you can find more tipps when losing gps signal during track recording.

After I excluded Locus from battery optimation on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running LineageOs 16.1 (Android 9) everything works as expected during track recording even when the screen is turned off most of recording time.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: WilfriedB

WilfriedB

Thanks a lot for the suggestions c.s.g.! I was already suspecting battery optimization as the cause, believing, I excluded Locus already from it. However, on the "Dont'kill my app!" page, I found one more setting ("Optimize Settings"), which I did not disable yet. I'll give it a try.
thanks
Wilfried
  •  

WilfriedB

Yesterday morning it seemed to be working correctly, but in the afternoon, I found again several gaps in the track. Trying now the GPS-Locker app.
thanks
Wilfried
  •  

WilfriedB

Even installing and using GPS-Locker did not help. The logging stops at random times and resumes minutes or even half an hour later without any obvious reasons.
It did work fine for years on my Galaxy A5 and it did work fine on my A50 from Nov. 7 till Dec. 6 2019 with the same settings as on the A5 (I hope). Since then, I noticed those gaps in logging every day.
Any suggestion?
thanks
Wilfried
  •