Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Andrew Heard

bug: settings > Track recording > Style of tracking recording panel: change setting - not updated in menu after option is tapped

red track recording button: I recall years ago a similar discussion with LM3 - is there a setting for this red button be always hidden? It's redundant if the other (green!) track recording button is included in a panel. I tried setting > Track recording > Panel auto hide, but it made no difference. There was also historical discussion to change track recording button from red to green. I like always having the button displayed as reminder whether recording has been disabled, but not two buttons, and not one that auto hides.

settings > More functions > Use magnifier, or settings > Use magnifier (if set) - would it be more use to return immediately back to the map after this function is tapped? At present there is no user feedback after the Use magnifier button is tapped, so no indication magnifier has been toggled, which is a little confusing.

Regards cloud sync: I successfully sync'd my data a few weeks ago. Only a few items have therefore changed since, but when I try this function again now, it appears (from the long period of time) that all the data is being re-sync'd. Isn't this supposed to be a transfer of only changes since last (manual) sync?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

start of locus, wait on sat fix > start track recording from side panel > select profil > record button sometimes i get a complete white window.
After click on "back button" all works fine.
Allways on second start of track recording i get this blue message for a few seconds althought i have sat fix.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Record button hidden: I have to start the recording by pressing the button in the sidebar. But I faded it out after 10s. So I want to keep the red indicator for track recording. If so, you should be able to choose to hide in the settings.
Record button color: It is common for the color to be red. That's why it should stay that way. But you could make the white point in the middle green.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

I'm just looking at the picture from Balloni55 so that the button has a white square. In the picture above a white circle. Is it wanted like that ?
  •  

balloni55

Left-hand control
- with this new option text of "Right panel visibility" should be e.g. "Side panel visibility"

at the moment I do not understand the logic of the text
- if "Left-hand control" is activated the side panel is displayed on the right side??
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Embedded waypoint deletion from main screen - thanks. I hope you allow to delete multiple embedded WPs at once from they Waypoints screen in the track properties. I am not sure, I remember you have implemented it once, but it's not in Locus any more.

With help of Tasker and Locus intents, I am doing a lot with embedded WP. See screenshot. Awesome? 😁 Auto pause detection and auto sms sending, noting the time+pos in the track.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: freischneider on October 30, 2020, 08:46:39
Record button color: It is common for the color to be red. That's why it should stay that way.
@freischneider - the track record button is green in LM3/4. It has been for > year or more.

I find it useful to visually scan "state" buttons - satellite, track record, POI, Live Tracking, and see that all green means all on/ all OK.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Andrew Heard

A few general comments:

• See attached screen cap where satellite screen says "TURN ON GETTING LOCATION" but is clearly already turned on. Message is opposite to state. Subtle timing error? Not seen before/ rarely happens.
  • I use config.cfg dev_gui_main_rescale_value=1.1 to increase the size of buttons. Very useful with gloves when cycling. I notice the top/ right panel buttons are rescaled correctly, but the bottom buttons ignore this setting. Any reason? See attached screen cap comparing 3.49 Pro (correct) & LM4 (ignored). Also would it be possible/ useful to move this setting to Expert Settings?
  • See attached screen cap for Zoom settings - text at bottom is missing. I tried panning the screen but no movement.
  • I have a new idea for auto-zoom. I'll post here for any comment 1st. Maybe a help suggestion topic. As a cyclist I never use auto-zoom. Unlike a motorist my speed is mostly unrelated to required zoom. But maybe while navigating, within constraints, zoom could be optimized such that the next {nav/ via/ POI} point is made visible? So as I get closer to the next point of interest the zoom dynamically increases. At the moment I do this manually anyway while navigating. I could expand on the idea in a topic if you think it has potential.
  •  

freischneider

•  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on October 30, 2020, 12:58:04
Embedded waypoint deletion from main screen - thanks. I hope you allow to delete multiple embedded WPs at once from they Waypoints screen in the track properties. I am not sure, I remember you have implemented it once, but it's not in Locus any more.
I support that. Actually I don't remember it ever having been possible, but it should really be.

Talking about embedded waypoints:
I also still hope for adding/removing waypoints being available in the track editor. Currently, adding a waypoint to an existing track while editing is extremely cumbersome: Leave track editor, select track, go into track details, select waypoints tab, press Add, choose position, go back into editor. And the position will never be exactly on a trackpoint. More importantly: You can never add a waypoint as if it was added during recording, as it will always get the current date/time. For me, a point that I mark during recording usually expresses some action, like "rest", "put on snowshoes", "shopping", etc. If I forget to set a waypoint while recording, what I add later is more like a POI. But for something like "rest", not only the location is of interest, but also the "when".
Any chance for this?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 30, 2020, 21:49:49
Quote from: freischneider on October 30, 2020, 08:46:39
Record button color: It is common for the color to be red. That's why it should stay that way.
@freischneider - the track record button is green in LM3/4. It has been for > year or more.

I find it useful to visually scan "state" buttons - satellite, track record, POI, Live Tracking, and see that all green means all on/ all OK.
Agreed, if it's not green, my inner panic mode kicks in ("omg, did I lose part of the recording").
  •  

Tapio

I absolutely support Slarty76 as for an easier way to create embedded waypoints. In the track editor it would be nice.
My use case:
I love to include them in planned tracks ("50% of track done", "interesting poi, watch left", "steepest hill coming soon"). But since it is, as Slarty says, cumbersome, I usually don't add them.
I was wishing for a track context menu entry "Add waypoint" followed by that typical window where you pick the method to define a position. Or, even easier, "Add waypoint here" - which would add a WP at the tapped track point.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

jonny.blue

there seems to be a problem with personal notes.

You can enter it ... but with next call it's gone.🤔
You can upload ... but it's not visible in local note ....
  •  

balloni55

after "update geocache" found log smileys and count of favorite points are not updated.
logs are available
After reopen content is refreched
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi all,
I could install sucessfully LM ...967 ... on several Android 10 devices (Samsung and Huawei), but it consistently (even after reboot) fails on a LG G5 (Android 9), although 3.8 free space are available.
Any similar experience and/or ideas?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •