Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

poutnikl

@john_percy  Menion could implement location dependent LocusMap behaviour...   :)

michaelbechtold

Quote from: Menion on October 01, 2020, 07:42:34
@Frivold
... If there will be more people interested in the old behavior, I may create an expert setting for this behavior.

Hi Menion,
expert setting for LM4 is the perfect way. With the search capability in settings, there is no added complexity. And an additional expert setting take more like minutes than hours of work, right ?
Pls. count me as "interested", too :-)
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

michaelbechtold

Quote from: john_percy on October 01, 2020, 09:35:18
...On the map itself, this doesn't matter s the information is all visual but once it becomes textual it is potentially confusing. I don't see a way of resolving this however.

Hello John,
what you highlight is just another example of missing governance in OSM. A system that works internationally, needs to have internationally uniq rules for the same thing. There can be tons of diversity, as occurence of details differs a lot between parts of the world. But the same thing needs to be categorized the same way all over the planet. Otherwise you'll end up
- either with nightmares for all developers who want to serve the customers by adding piles of exceptions
- or users have to live with the frustrations and exercise such "mapping" in their own minds. And hopefully turn to OSM to shout.
In my work for the world overview maps I suffered quite a bit. Most crazy example was a peak of 28000 (well - meters in OSM), beating Mt.Everest hands down. Now - some bloke added the evelation in feet. If he'd only put "ft" or alike behind the figure ...) Until now I ended up checking the OSM elevation against SRTM elevation and checked the most relevant cases from the candidates that show a factor of 2.5 to 3.5. Did more than 1000 fixes in OSM so far (then became a bit tired ...).
In the end only a lot of people have to speak up and influence the OSM community to behave more consistently.
Just my 2c.
Cheers
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@poutnikl
thanks for the info about incorrect track names. I firstly had a really bad feeling about it as it looked like a serious problem, but fortunately, it really was only a minor visual issue in indexes. Thanks, fixed!

Surfaces/Way types in segments ... harder than I've expected, uff, done ;)

Quote from: poutnikl on October 01, 2020, 10:09:57
@john_percy  Menion could implement location dependent LocusMap behaviour...   :)
Heh, funny :)

@john_percy
1. "trunk" you are right, "primary" will be better.
2. "footway", I've found useful info here. So looks "footway" may be added into Locus "PATH" category.
3. "turning_loop" exists as well. "turning_circle" added
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

You could show a footpath in combination with Ground, Earth ... as a path.
And show a footpath in combination with asphalt .... as a footpath.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

Maybe also learn something from others. In the end it would be nice if everyone did it the same way.
Komoot, outdooractive. I also had pictures of it above.
  •  

Menion

New version 3.48.2.3 just uploaded on Google Drive.

Changes after the app start. Quite a lot of minor changes and minor improvements.

@freischneider
well, the "same way" in all apps is quite impossible as every app has little different usage, different purpose.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on October 09, 2020, 13:57:03New version 3.48.2.3 just uploaded on Google Drive.
Empty folder on Google Drive.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

freischneider

The folder on Google Drive is empty
  •  

Menion

Stupid Google Drive auto-sync that from time to time does not work. It's there now, thanks.
  •  

Tapio

The option to exclude navigation items on gpx export: Aren't they in <wpt></wpt>? I was hoping you simply allowed to strip out all embedded wpts. I have quite some waypoints in my tracks, and on export (for brouter-web and its multi upload of many tracks) I don't need them.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, unlike in LM3 it is not possible to delete embedded WP directly from track level, see attachment. Will you make it possible? Also deletion of multiple embedded WPs at once from the track dialog would be nice. It can only be done one by one now.
  •  

Tapio

GPS on start is set to "Never", but Locus seems to turn GPS on, depending on prior session.
  •  

freischneider

The search in LoPoints with only 2 letters does not work.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
Really only navigation waypoints are excluded. I do not see serious reason to exclude also manually created own waypoints.

Deleting in the UI ... ah thanks, it's an issue ... fixed.

GPS at start ... hmm, can't simulate, weird ...

@freischneider
I've only changed internal parameter, but not tried it ... will check it, thanks
  •