Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Christian

Can't agree. Cobblestones are the archetype of paving. The advantage appears when it is wet and muddy. Have a look at the ancient romans roads.
Cobblestones are not comfortable but better then broken tires or cars sticking deep in the mud.
  •  

poutnikl

I am well aware of cobblestones  being archetype of paving. But surface quality is the most important to fast or trekking bikes, not to MTB or cars. Effective category should be more important than formal category.

I agree with to be careful where to put cobblestones. STONES  surface category is fine to me. A bike rider could prefer to push his bike across short cobblestone patches, unless sett is incorrectly tagged as cobblestone. Even car drivers may prefer gravel if it is rainy, as wet cobblestones are dangerous ( and sett too ).

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Christian

Quote from: poutnikl on September 02, 2020, 22:20:58
Effective category should be more important than formal category.
eh'...
I'm out.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Christian on September 03, 2020, 17:59:48
Quote from: poutnikl on September 02, 2020, 22:20:58
Effective category should be more important than formal category.
eh'...
I'm out.

Well, formally paved road  surface=asphalt|paved with tracktype=grade3 and  smoothness=very_bad can put one out. :-)

Andrew Heard

I can imagine it will be impossible to satisfy everyone on this topic. The color coding/ categorization/ assigning could be determined dynamically by the current segment profile (road bike/ MTB) - just to make it even more complex ;-) Personally, as a cycle tourist, and if not too wet, I'm with Libor, I prefer gravel over cobblestone. I hate riding cobblestone. The points, everyone will have different opinion.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

I suggested it earlier. Menion makes a specification for the general user. The expert can then make his own. Is it specified in an xml? And so the expert can make his own xml. As with the BRouter profiles. He can then define 1 for each activity profile.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

poutnikl

In contrary to profiles, extra specification does not make much sense. I have spoken  for specification for common users, not experts. For the stats to be really useful, not just bells and whistles.

Whatever will be Menion's final decision, I will be fine with that. I have just wanted him to hear various opinions.

freischneider

i can no longer install the current version 960.
  •  

freischneider

I installed version 964 of the sync server. That went well. Now the 960 works again
  •  

Joska

Hello
Recently, 2-3 weeks ?, my beta version has been regularly replaced at night by the last free version, although I have always switched off the automatic update function of the Play Store.  This also apparently only affects Locus Map, other programs only indicate possible updates from.
Does anyone else know this problem?

Since 5 minutes,I know, I'm not alone with it....

LG, Joska
---
  •  

poutnikl

I have thought it was just me.

I have as well turned off automatic updates ( on Android 10 ). I had to manually reinstall latest LM4 beta after 3-4 times seeing LM3 beta/free magically appeared installed over the LM4  in last days.

I also confirm it looks like LM specific issue ( or possibly more generally an issue of applications subscribed in beta tester program ? )

Joska

So, this is bad issue. Something can overrule my settings in playstore. This could result in more and deeper problems.

Menion: feature of LM or Google?
---
  •  

poutnikl

Would it be possible to manage LM4 alpha/beta to have formally ALWAYS higher version number, so Google Play would not try to update LM3 over LM4 ?

john_percy

From my experience of uploading apps to Google I don't think that is possible. Also I think Menion has already said so.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

A trial question is free.  :-) I guess you are right, John, he said it. The updating ping-pong is very annoying.