Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

Is the function of the surface chart only possible in the route planner? Or can look at every GPX track like this.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

Representation of colors and types (surface or type of path) thought even more flexibly.
Everyone can define their own presentation for each activity.
Example: cycling activity
I specify that all surfaces are shown with asphalt as the name xy (street) and the color black.
All highway = track and tracktyp = Grade1 and Grade2 with name xy (path fine) and the color dark gray are displayed.
etc.
In this way, everyone could define their own presentation per activity. In principle the same as with your own BRouter profiles.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: poutnikl on August 07, 2020, 20:08:46
With danger of wiping all data if ( sometimes accidentally ) uninstalled ?
Yeah, my understanding as well, most time consumung and support intensive decision since they made access to ext. SD more complex. Google is too big, they have weird decisions at times.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Menion, you added "round trip" generation again. I think it would feel natural to initially set the direction from point 1 to the map center, if the map has been dragged.
  •  

michaelbechtold

From https://developer.android.com/preview/privacy/storage:

Maintain compatibility with Android 10

If your app opts out of scoped storage when running on Android 10 devices, it's recommended that you continue to set requestLegacyExternalStorage to true in your app's manifest file. That way, your app can continue to behave as expected on devices that run Android 10.

Which does not pave the way to a new model for V11, though ...

This note in the same article may help:

Note: If your app targets Android 11, keep in mind that this access to "all files" is read-only. To read and write to all files in shared storage using this app, you need to have the all files access permission.

That would allow to have the Locus main structure outside Android/data ...

All this stuff needs testing, but I am not an Android developer.

•  

Menion

Thanks for your tips regards scoped storage ;).

Locus Map use mentioned "opt-out" method. There is important info: "If your app targets Android 11"!! Locus Map currently targets Android 10 and I'll keep it as is till Google allows it ... so till September 2021. Then, new updates will be forced to target Android 11. Till that time, I have to solve this "scoped storage" problem ... and it's solvable, so no big worry. I just take me maybe additional month of work that should be spent on better things. As usually ...

@poutnikl
The fill color below chart may be better. I was playing with it and it does not look too good because the chart can't be interpolated (at least the library I use does not have this option). I'll try another alternative with a simple line below chart.
Thanks for the info about grades!

@freischneider
you may notice that a big chart in track detail looks different compare to the chart in the route planner. It uses quite an old system that needs to be replaced.
Custom coloring of surfaces? Eh, sorry, no :)

@tapio
round trip -> so you mean to add one point on the map, then tap on "Generate round trip" and then drag with the map and define direction by this? What is advantage to current system where you simply move with the direction arrow?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on August 14, 2020, 13:22:32

@poutnikl
The fill color below chart may be better. I was playing with it and it does not look too good because the chart can't be interpolated (at least the library I use does not have this option). I'll try another alternative with a simple line below chart.
Thanks for the info about grades!

What about summary statistics, like can be displayed in the recent BRouter-web versions under the pie chart icon on the right ?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

Hmm very nice ... big monitor + mouse = win :)
  •  

poutnikl

I mean some minimalistic phone friendly version, possibly on demand only.
Note also mentioned  track grades are there listed  among surfaces.

freischneider

@freischneider
you may notice that a big chart in track detail looks different compare to the chart in the route planner. It uses quite an old system that needs to be replaced.
Custom coloring of surfaces? Eh, sorry, no :)
The custom coloring is for the diagram only. And it's just an idea for the future.

PS:
Perhaps it has been misunderstood through translation.
Path surface, coloring, only for diagram.
But I think your idea so that you can also color the section of the route on the map is very good.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: freischneider on August 14, 2020, 16:32:43

But I think your idea so that you can also color the section of the route on the map is very good.

+1 :thumb up:

Tapio

What is advantage to current system where you simply move with the direction arrow?
You have a better feeling for the direction and... idk, just feels natural to me. But no big deal. As you may have guessed, other options came to mind... alternative routes...
  •  

Menion

Aaaaand new version 3.47.2.2 LM4, just uploaded to Google Drive.

The main change is support for way types and surface in route planner.

I've also finalized support for BRouter custom profiles. The correct setup should be as below. The app should automatically copy profiles from the old Locus/data/brouter directory to the new.

- BRouter external (BRouter from Google Play)
  - data in the own directory
  - custom profiles are selectable when placed into Locus/router/profiles2
- BRouter internal
  - data in Locus/router/segments2
  - settings & profiles are shared with BRouter external, so also Locus/router/profiles2
- BRouter online
  - currently no config

freischneider

way type on surface is not visible upright on me.
I am planning a route. Then I drag the diagram up. Then picture 1 appears.
Then I turn the phone sideways, then image 2 comes and it is visible.
Then I turn back to upright then it's visible (image 3)
  •